Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Help what do you think???

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 07:11 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by John007' date='May 6 2005, 09:57 AM
I have had nothing but bad times @ BMW.? Yesterday the dealer called me to test drive the 06 330i and asked me what I thought I told him I loved the drive but just don't like the size, my left leg kept hitting something in the side and it just felt very small to me, asked if I could see an other 5' and he got mad told me there was one in the showroom when I was sitting in it he came over and said "I don't want to get your hopes up with the 5 series, and you are NOT going to be able to get into one, I think the 3 series is the only way you will be getting in one" ... well that was the jest of what he said, so I got Pi$$ed off and said I was going to look at the 3 again and just left.....? I don't understand if he could get me into a $41,600 (might have been more) he can't get me into a 04 or 05 5'series??? I live in the Boston area and that was the Peabody BMW, the only other one I know is a pain to go to and I was just thinking in regards to when I have to have it serviced I would have to bring it into town all the time when this is much easier for me...
[snapback]124914[/snapback]

That's pretty insulting. Look on Edmunds.com and contact their certified dealer for your area. The one for my area was the same used by Autobytel.com also. I got a sweet, no-haggle deal on an '06 I ordered. The Edmunds.com dealer will be an "Internet" dealer, meaning that they're willing to move cars and aren't so interested in wringing every last cent out of each and every customer.

I looked on Carmax.com for used 525i cars, they have two '04s with 17K and 10K miles on them, and they list for $38,998 and $40,998. Carmax only makes $500 per car they sell, and the cars are certified to be free of defects and major accidents. So I'd say you're getting a good deal on an '05.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:46 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

OK the MB dealer called and said "John, we sold the BMW, but I want you to come down and test drivea E320 I might be able to get you into a 03 maybe 04" Well, I go down there and guess what my 05 525i is there, guess the guy put down money and was going to pick it up today and found out that his daughter has a tumer ,, I know this sounds like a lye but 3 other people who saw me told me and I just found out 1 of my friends is a friend w/a girl that works there and said that was the honest to god truth... Well, can't fight fait right??? I bought it you guys really think it's a good deal?

2005 bmw 525i
8k miles
auto trans
winter & prem. pkg
Sirus radio
bluetooth (I think how can I tell for sure)
was bought brand new 09/04.
summer and winter bmw matts.
Old 05-06-2005, 03:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by John007' date='May 6 2005, 04:46 PM
OK the MB dealer called and said "John, we sold the BMW, but I want you to come down and test drivea E320 I might be able to get you into a 03 maybe 04"? Well, I go down there and guess what my 05 525i is there, guess the guy put down money and was going to pick it up today and found out that his daughter has a tumer ,, I know this sounds like a lye but 3 other people who saw me told me and I just found out 1 of my friends is a friend w/a girl that works there and said that was the honest to god truth... Well, can't fight fait right???? I bought it ? you guys really think it's a good deal?

2005 bmw 525i
8k miles
auto trans
winter & prem. pkg
Sirus radio
bluetooth (I think how can I tell for sure)
was bought brand new 09/04.
summer and winter bmw matts.
[snapback]125161[/snapback]
Sorry to hear about the guy's daughter, but congratulations on the purchase and welcome to E60 ownership!
Old 05-06-2005, 04:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 E60 BMW 525i - BIRTHDAY- 11/04 - EXTERIOR- Amethyst Gray Metallic. INTERIOR- Beige Dakota Leather w/Dark Poplar Grain Wood. OPTIONS- Automatic Transmission, Premium Package, Cold Weather Package, 6-disc CD changer, Bluetooth using Verizon Raza V3c phone, SIRIUS Satellite Radio. ADD-ON's- 545i Chrome Grill, Euro Red Reflectors, Factory all-weater matts & Factory Coat-Hanger.

Thank You.... So honest guys do u think I got a good deal or not???
Old 05-06-2005, 04:35 PM
Senior Members

Here is a pic from my cell phone
Attached Thumbnails Help what do you think???-_cid__05_06_05_1745.jpg  
Old 05-06-2005, 10:11 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Just came back from the preview of the E90 3 series... nice but not the car for me. too small. I'm not a big person but 3 series isnt the size for me. so if you ask for my opinion I would go for a E60.

3AcrossAmerica Pics.

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=291
Old 05-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='May 7 2005, 02:11 AM
Just came back from the preview of the E90 3 series... nice but not the car for me. too small. I'm not a big person but 3 series isnt the size for me. so if you ask for my opinion I would go for a E60.
[snapback]125284[/snapback]
SAME HERE... I loved the car don't get me wrong, but I just felt like Chris Farley when he put on the small jacket "Fat Man, Little Jacket..." or something like that... I mean I'm not that bad but I'm about 5'6 200lbs and I just felt like I didn't fit... getting in and out I was hitting on the door, same for the back.