Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Help with my dearship!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 03:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='211329' date='Dec 14 2005, 04:06 PM
Rumor has it that the repair places return the wheel in "new" condition. I would let them try that and if you can tell, then have them replace it. I'll bet you can't tell.
The issue is that, while you may get your wheels back looking good, over time--with the harsh, high heat environment of wheels--the refinished area will, inevitably, not match the original finish.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:34 PM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 550i Titanium Silver Metallic, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood Trim, Cold Weather Package, Premium Sound Package, Sport Package, Steptronic, Navigation, Electric Rear Sunshades, Heated Rear Seats, Sirius Radio

I had my M3 rims repaired 3 times. The first two times were the stock 18" wheels, and the third my new 19" Competition series wheels. The "rim guy" came to my office and did the repair with the tires on. The honest truth is that when done I could not tell there was ever any damage. And I am a detailaholic that knew every inch of those rims at least once a week. When I sold my 19" Competition series rims the buyer could not tell, though I told him a repair had been made. I also had an incident with my 01 530 and a damaged rim, and the tire place repaired it to new condition.

So you may be satisfied with repaired rims. Stipulation should be that you cannot tell the difference.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by darkside' post='211342' date='Dec 14 2005, 07:34 PM
I had my M3 rims repaired 3 times. The first two times were the stock 18" wheels, and the third my new 19" Competition series wheels. The "rim guy" came to my office and did the repair with the tires on. The honest truth is that when done I could not tell there was ever any damage. And I am a detailaholic that knew every inch of those rims at least once a week. When I sold my 19" Competition series rims the buyer could not tell, though I told him a repair had been made. I also had an incident with my 01 530 and a damaged rim, and the tire place repaired it to new condition.

So you may be satisfied with repaired rims. Stipulation should be that you cannot tell the difference.
I have had the same experience intially with repaired wheels. But, before what Stream is talking about could occur, the paint started coming off. The wheel guys are scheduled to come paint again. They claim they were having some problems with the paints they were using over a particular period of time. Wheel see.
Old 12-14-2005, 07:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by doug_999' post='211329' date='Dec 14 2005, 07:06 PM
Rumor has it that the repair places return the wheel in "new" condition. I would let them try that and if you can tell, then have them replace it. I'll bet you can't tell.
If only scratched a small amount, then one won't be able to tell the difference when the wheel are returned--assuming a good job is done. But, later .... :thumbsdown: