Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Help with my dearship!

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 05:39 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05' 545i Titanium Sliver, Black Dakota leather Sport Package, NAV, Premium Sound Package, AUX. input.

OK I need some help here.

On 12-09-05 I had my car in for the Dunlap RF tire replacement and an AUX install.
They also upgraded the software to 19.02.

Went to pick up the car on a Friday afternoon and what I was afraid of the most happened.
They scratched ALL 4 rims! And gouged 2 of them!

Both the service manager and the service adviser said the rims could be repaired.
I told them I bought the car with new rims and not refurbished ones.
I told them that I would not be satisfied with anything else but new rims.
They told me they would replace the rims with ones that are from a loaner car.
I said OK as long as the loaner cars rims are clean.

I just got off the phone with the SA on 12-13-05. He told me that they are having difficulties locating a loaner with the rims I need.

It seems like they are blowing me off.

What can I do to help motivate the dealership to follow thru with their promise?
Old 12-14-2005, 06:09 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Originally Posted by BMW 545i Titanium Silver' post='211055' date='Dec 14 2005, 08:39 AM

On 12-09-05 I had my car in for the Dunlap RF tire replacement and an AUX install.

Went to pick up the car on a Friday afternoon and that I was afraid of the most happened.

Both the service manager and the service adviser said the rims could be repaired.

I just got off the phone with the SA on 12-13-05. He told me that they are having difficulties locating a loaner with the rims I need.

What can I do to help motivate the dealership to follow thru with their promise?
Contact BMW NA (I don't have the address with me), and open complaint with the Better Business Bureau Also complaint to the senior people at the dealership. let them know you are writing to BMW NA, and BBB. This might get you what you need.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:29 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

Man, sorry to hear that. Going to the dealer and dropping my car off is so painful to me, because I know they don't care about her. The good thing is it's your wheels and they're stock, imagine if they did that to your custom wheels, or dinged and scratched the body.

That being said, I hope you get it worked out. Escalate the problem to the service manager if need be and let them handle it. Let BMW N/A and the BBB be the last resort, hopefully you can get it resolved w/o going to these guys.
Old 12-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by BMW 545i Titanium Silver' post='211055' date='Dec 14 2005, 09:39 AM

Went to pick up the car on a Friday afternoon and that I was afraid of the most happened.

That's a darn shame. :thumbsdown: At least they acknowledge the problem. I suspect that they will come through eventually. Just be persistent and calmly and politely work your way up-the-line with your problem.

And, by the way, what about the option of trying for some nicer BMW wheels at dealer cost (with free no-mar installation) and getting new tires (or not)? You could insist on keeping your old wheels/tires and repairing (or not) the wheels for sale. You also, could keep them (and your original tires possibly), repaired or not, to send off with your car when you dispose of it. You could keep the new wheels and tires for your next BMW or sell them after disposing of your car.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:30 AM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Persistence pays. If the SA doesn't come through in a reasonable period of time, call the service manager. If no satisfaction, go up the management chain. I would not accept repair.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:46 AM
Members

My Ride: 05' 545i Titanium Sliver, Black Dakota leather Sport Package, NAV, Premium Sound Package, AUX. input.

Thank you for all your suggestions.
This sort of thing just makes me ill.
I try to take such good care of my car and in one day all that is gone.
I bought a BMW because I wanted the quality and performance.
My experience with this dealership is NOT quality.
Now I have to lose more time dealing with this problem.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:35 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

Sry to hear that!!
Old 12-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

Originally Posted by stream' post='211148
Thank you for all your suggestions.
This sort of thing just makes me ill.
I try to take such good care of my car and in one day all that is gone.
I bought a BMW because I wanted the quality and performance.
My experience with this dealership is NOT quality.
Now I have to lose more time dealing with this problem.
I know what you mean about the "take such good care" part. Usually, I do some unthinking thing to my car and damage it myself. That's even worse to me. I'd trade others damaging my car for me doing it since I definitely would have to pay or live with it if I did it myself. And, I understand the "all ... gone" comment too. But, it isn't. It's ust one step after another until you get it handled.

My approach to bads sometimes is as described in my earlier post--take actions where I feel like I have come out ahead once accomplished. If given lemons, then make lemonade.
Old 12-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Senior Members

When I have a problem low in the chain of command, I either go to the salesman that I buy all my BMWs from, or to the general manager. Problem solved.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Rumor has it that the repair places return the wheel in "new" condition. I would let them try that and if you can tell, then have them replace it. I'll bet you can't tell.