Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

HELP WITH LETTER TO BMW GERMANY

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='670708' date='Sep 16 2008, 03:07 PM
UPDATE

the dealer just gave my father a call (after i had printed out the BMW NA recall letter and sent it to my father to give it to him) and told him everything will be taken care of free of charge. They were very nice and very responsive.

He told him that since this has to do with SAFETY, BMW is forced to deal with it under any circumstances. Dunno if my letter did an impact and they got a call? or the dealer was very nice and i just miss-understood him (although he clearly stated that he would not fix it at his expense)

Anyhow, another satisfied customer, although i got stressed out for a couple of days. Lets hope i get a FREE UPDATE HAHAHA( i know i'm over doing it )

Edit: my father just phoned me and told me that the dealer made a few calls and was told that they are supposed to handle SAFETY very responsibly, thus at their expense
GOOD TO HERE.... so no screaming and yelling......
Old 09-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great outcome!
Old 09-16-2008, 01:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

A happy ending! There you go!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Contributors

I would like to thank you guys for all the support and help. If it weren't from you guys, i wouldn't have even thought of fighting for it or even asking for him to do it at his expense. I would've just paid for it like all my friends.

Thank you again for every one. THIS IS THE BEST FORUM EVER . INFORMATION WISE AND BROTHERLY WISE.
Old 09-16-2008, 10:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Good job!
Old 09-20-2008, 10:43 AM
Contributors

What the hell.just picked up my car today, and along with it THE BILL. So i told them what is this for and surely their reply was, "we thought that we had to do it free of charge,but we got a call back from the manager telling us thats its at the consumer's cost". So i held my breath and told them that this is BMW, this is not a charade thats running around here.

So i asked to talk to the manager and as always to avoid confrontation, HE WASN'T IN THIS OFFICE. I emailed BMW GERMANY again hoping to get an answer to this whole charade.I'm going to head back tomorrow morning to have a little talk with the manager.

Ahhhh,nothing is going my way. Neither with the BT nor with this error msg.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:31 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='674028' date='Sep 21 2008, 03:43 AM
What the hell.just picked up my car today, and along with it THE BILL. So i told them what is this for and surely their reply was, "we thought that we had to do it free of charge,but we got a call back from the manager telling us thats its at the consumer's cost". So i held my breath and told them that this is BMW, this is not a charade thats running around here.

So i asked to talk to the manager and as always to avoid confrontation, HE WASN'T IN THIS OFFICE. I emailed BMW GERMANY again hoping to get an answer to this whole charade.I'm going to head back tomorrow morning to have a little talk with the manager.

Ahhhh,nothing is going my way. Neither with the BT nor with this error msg.
The dealer has gone back on what they told you and your father. Send the letter off to BMW AG and be sure to send a copy to the head of the dealer.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:28 PM
Contributors

i did send another letter
i am waitting for their reply. I dunno to whom should i send at BMW AG. this is so painful and i have a sense that nothing's gonna happen.i doubt they will even consider this case for 250$
Old 09-20-2008, 01:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='674083' date='Sep 21 2008, 06:28 AM
i did send another letter
i am waitting for their reply. I dunno to whom should i send at BMW AG. this is so painful and i have a sense that nothing's gonna happen.i doubt they will even consider this case for 250$
There should be someone in charge of customer relationship management or customer service management. If not, send it to the head of marketing and the head of after sales service. Also send a copy to the head of the dealership. I doubt BMW will ignore you, but it may take some time to process and get in touch with you and the dealer. It's too bad that you don't have BMW corporate presence where you are. If you did, you could just contact them.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:12 AM
Contributors

WHT A COINCIDENCE.The manager is on vacation this whole Ramadan month.And by the time he's back, i'll be out of the country and my father is too busy for such things.I'm going to try my luck again tomorrow.im going to print out the BMWNA document regarding the "Restraint error issue" and put it on his desk. Plus i got his mail today, so will forward him my letters to BMW GERMANY.lets see what he has to say about it

BTW,BMW germany has not replied since 2days.I'm gonna give them 2 more days and if no reply, im gonna make international calls and call them.oufff.so tiring