Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

HELP WITH LETTER TO BMW GERMANY

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 11:34 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am writting a complaint letter to bmw germany. Is someone wise and mature able to help me out?

i have already written the letter, i just need some final touchups before i send it.

Highly appreciate it.thx

Edit: Admins, please move this topic to dealers area. THX
Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 528i: Alpine White/Creme Dakota Leather/Bamboo Anthracite Wood Trim; Premium pkg, Ipod USB (6FL), Xenons, sunroof, Eibach pro-kit 1.2" drop all around, limo tint all around. LED license plate festoons. Soon to come: M6 replica 19" rims, Angel Eyes mod, fog light mod.

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='669910' date='Sep 15 2008, 03:34 PM
i am writting a complaint letter to bmw germany. Is someone wise and mature able to help me out?

i have already written the letter, i just need some final touchups before i send it.

Highly appreciate it.thx

Edit: Admins, please move this topic to dealers area. THX

if you dont mind me asking whats the complaint about?
Old 09-15-2008, 11:51 AM
Contributors

i took my car in for brake pads, brake fluid and engine oil change. came out with washer fluid ERROR and airbag passenger retraint on myt idrive. The dealer is having me pay for them althought he can vouch that they werent there b4 it went in for maintanence.

plus the airbag restraint warning is a common problem with BMW 04-06. BMW NA has recalled 200,000, including 5 series 04-06 for this kind of trouble and extending warrantee on this issue up to 10yrs.

I live in Saudi arabia, so im sending a complaint letter about my SA making me pay for his faults. Plus even if it wasnt, im willing to pay for washer fluid error to be fixed, but for the airbag restraint, its bmw's problem, not mine
Old 09-15-2008, 11:57 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='669924' date='Sep 15 2008, 03:51 PM
i took my car in for brake pads, brake fluid and engine oil change. came out with washer fluid ERROR and airbag passenger retraint on myt idrive. The dealer is having me pay for them althought he can vouch that they werent there b4 it went in for maintanence.

plus the airbag restraint warning is a common problem with BMW 04-06. BMW NA has recalled 200,000, including 5 series 04-06 for this kind of trouble and extending warrantee on this issue up to 10yrs.

I live in Saudi arabia, so im sending a complaint letter about my SA making me pay for his faults. Plus even if it wasnt, im willing to pay for washer fluid error to be fixed, but for the airbag restraint, its bmw's problem, not mine
thats not really going to solve your issue... im in the auto industry,i see stuff like this all the time.. all he did was double dip on you and the warrnty.. what you should do.. i dont know what kinda person you are.. but yelling and screaming always seems to work... go to the gm of service or the gm of the store... and explane what happened.... if he doesnt want to do anything.. the yelling and screaming part comes in..... and yur 100% right about the recall... bring in paper work from the net to show the recall.. they should refund your money and fix it.... G/L
Old 09-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Contributors

thx. will do so. Not so sure about the screaming and yelling part as im 22 and the GM is about 55.hahaha.but will get the Papers and everything and try to resolve it.

but in any case, i want to send the email. Better try something then regret not doing it at all. Wont hurt at all.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:10 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='669937' date='Sep 15 2008, 04:03 PM
thx. will do so. Not so sure about the screaming and yelling part as im 22 and the GM is about 55.hahaha.but will get the Papers and everything and try to resolve it.

but in any case, i want to send the email. Better try something then regret not doing it at all. Wont hurt at all.
NO IT WONT HURT... but you being 22 and the gm being 55 should have anything to do with it... if you was 10 and he was 100 it doesnt matter your a paying customer... O WAIT YOUR IN ARABIA... forget it good luck... the laws there r crazy... .. naa but all jokes aside you should be ok.. just speck to him like a man.. and if there a good store they should take care of you..... if not... SCREAM AND YELL!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 PM
Contributors

hahahahah.will do so.i had the driver take my car there.and my dad picked it up and tho whole ordeal happened.I want to handle all this on my own coz what my dad does is say. Forget it son, just pay them and relief urself from all this trouble. He's the peaceful kind. Im the raging righteous one.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='669950' date='Sep 15 2008, 04:21 PM
hahahahah.will do so.i had the driver take my car there.and my dad picked it up and tho whole ordeal happened.I want to handle all this on my own coz what my dad does is say. Forget it son, just pay them and relief urself from all this trouble. He's the peaceful kind. Im the raging righteous one.
LOL.. GOOD LUCK MAN... they are getting over on you as of now... just stick to your guns...
Old 09-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Contributors

thx for pumping me up man. Ill put on my boxing gloves and go in. And if this works, ill sum up with " u'd better trade in my 520 for a 550" hahahaha. worth trying hahaha
Old 09-15-2008, 01:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='669982' date='Sep 16 2008, 05:51 AM
thx for pumping me up man. Ill put on my boxing gloves and go in. And if this works, ill sum up with " u'd better trade in my 520 for a 550" hahahaha. worth trying hahaha
Is the local importer of BMW in Saudi Arabia the dealer or BMW itself (as in BMW Saudi Arabia)? I'm asking because this will determine to whom you address your complaint to.

A few years back, when I was living in Singapore, I owned an Audi S4 and had problems with interior trim peeling due to the heat. The car was less than 6 months old at the time, but the dealer, no matter how high I went up in the hierarchy, refused to fix the problem stating it was normal wear and tear. I called Audi Asia Pacific and 5 minutes later, the GM of the dealership called me asking how he could be of service. It wasn't all smooth sailing as it took another couple calls to complain to Audi Asia Pacific and then a couple of more calls with the GM of the dealership, but the problem was solved to my satisfaction. They (the dealer) replaced all the interior trim to new. Chances are, if the dealer is trying to screw you over on something. This level of irresponsibility will go all the way to the head of the dealer. You can try haggling with them, but chances are, you will get frustrated. You may want to take a complaint to the highest level at the dealership/service center, just to prove to BMW that you did try to resolve this without involving them. But in my experience, it's best to take the complaint to someone who cares about the brand more than the dealer.

If a BMW Saudi Arabia does exist, take the complaint to 1) the head of customer service/satisfaction and 3) the head of marketing. Be sure to be explicit about your problem and your dissatisfaction with the service you received from your dealer/service center. Getting something like this resolved can be frustrating, but with some perseverance and smarts, you should be able to get the problem resolve. Good luck!

Quick Reply: HELP WITH LETTER TO BMW GERMANY