Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

HELP WITH LETTER TO BMW GERMANY

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2008, 01:50 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the BMW is the BMW SAUDI ARABIA DEALER. u can only buy BMW at this dealer. Its a monopoly. You cant buy any bmw anywhere else.He's the only person allowed to sell BMW. I'm addressing the letter to BMW germany, to the MOTHER BMW.
Old 09-15-2008, 01:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='670038' date='Sep 16 2008, 06:50 AM
the BMW is the BMW SAUDI ARABIA DEALER. u can only buy BMW at this dealer. Its a monopoly. You cant buy any bmw anywhere else.He's the only person allowed to sell BMW. I'm addressing the letter to BMW germany, to the MOTHER BMW.
It seems your only avenue of complaint would be BMW HQ. Have one more discussion with the head of the dealer, to see if he is willing to help you solve the problem. Be sure to get across to him implicitly, the problem you need addressed and how to address it to your satisfaction. Be sure to document what he says. Especially if it is not in your favor. State this clearly in your letter to BMW along with the problem you are having. Most times, dealers only care about the immediate sale or the immediate cost (in your instance). BMW HQ would be more concerned about the long term image of the brand with regards to a dissatisfied customer due to dealer mismanagement. Good luck!
Old 09-15-2008, 08:08 PM
Contributors

thx soulman. Very nice writting. Will do so. But the thing is, it is rammadan right now and all GM are hard to be reached. Plus i'm at work, for a short period, in Jeddah (2h away by plane). I will have them repair the washer fluid AT MY COST but when i get back, some serious talking will be done about the airbag issue. I already sent the letter, knowing that they will need at least 3 to 4 days to read it or to even react about this. by that time, i would have talked to the GM.

Thx for everyone's help. i totally appreciate it
Old 09-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

If you ask me, the screaming and yelling part is the worst way to handle such a thing. It's always better to handle these things in writing and with patience and calm. As soon as you start screaming and yelling, meaningful communication will cease to exist...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:06 PM
Contributors

by the way, does it matter if i dont put my VIN # in the letter. coz im abroad and i dont have the VIN right now and its a must to send the letter now. Or do you guys think i should wait till i get to my car to see the VIN # and send it to make the letter clearer in case they TRY & DO SOMETHING() about it
Old 09-15-2008, 09:09 PM
Contributors

i doubt i'll be screaming and shouting , its not in my character. I always handle things smoothly and patiently.

And thx again RUDY AND ICEMAN
Old 09-15-2008, 09:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Bteljuice' post='670302' date='Sep 16 2008, 01:09 AM
i doubt i'll be screaming and shouting , its not in my character. I always handle things smoothly and patience.

And thx again RUDY AND ICEMAN
Good luck...be sure to keep all of us posted on how things work out for you...
Old 09-15-2008, 09:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='669930' date='Sep 15 2008, 03:57 PM
...but yelling and screaming always seems to work...
Definitely not the way to go. :thumbsdown:
Old 09-16-2008, 09:52 AM
Contributors

the resone i said to yell and scream, hear in ny customers are always pissed, even if everything goes smoth.... iv always noticed if your to quiet and lad back people take that for weaknes, and take advantage,show them your not this way and there mind will change and say this guy doesnt take shit from no one... things get done that way.... i understand what some of you guys are saying by yelling and screaming wont get you know where... but i said to use this as a last resort... doing this in front of other customers will make the managers want to get you out as fast as possible, and we know that they double diped on you so does the SA... this is what the auto industry does.. they have to make as much money as they can... and double diping on a warrinty is a perfect way to make more money... they cheated you why not give them some of there own med`s.... IMO...
Old 09-16-2008, 11:07 AM
Contributors

UPDATE

the dealer just gave my father a call (after i had printed out the BMW NA recall letter and sent it to my father to give it to him) and told him everything will be taken care of free of charge. They were very nice and very responsive.

He told him that since this has to do with SAFETY, BMW is forced to deal with it under any circumstances. Dunno if my letter did an impact and they got a call? or the dealer was very nice and i just miss-understood him (although he clearly stated that he would not fix it at his expense)

Anyhow, another satisfied customer, although i got stressed out for a couple of days. Lets hope i get a FREE UPDATE HAHAHA( i know i'm over doing it )

Edit: my father just phoned me and told me that the dealer made a few calls and was told that they are supposed to handle SAFETY very responsibly, thus at their expense

Quick Reply: HELP WITH LETTER TO BMW GERMANY