Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Has anyone had good experience with BMW service?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2010 M5 alpine white, black full leather, etc.

Yes, with Jim Reed at Prestige and at Hassel with Paul Giaquinto
Old 07-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Members

Originally Posted by bars_sun' post='614894' date='Jul 2 2008, 05:40 PM
I wonder if anyone had good experience with BMW service. Took my car today for AUX retrofitting (programming only since part was installed before). They hold me in the waiting room for 2 hours and after that told me that programming keeps crashing. Surprisingly to me they gave me loaner for free of charge and said they will keep trying to program my car. 4 hours later they called me and told me that coding crashed 4 times and they suspect that radio is bad (I presume that's CCC) and it might need to be replaced, but they will try programming one more time tomorrow morning. Yes, granted, my car is of early 2004 models (MY 2003/10), but still shouldn't they figure out why it was working before and nothing works right now. Honestly, if something does not work after 3rd time shouldn't they open call with BMW support rather then bang head against the wall trying to program car which does not accept coding?

just venting... sorry about that...
Did that fix your issue after they installed it? I just had that same issue today.
Old 07-26-2008, 08:27 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '05 545 Titanium Silver, Black Leather - Nav, Logic 7, Cold weather. Mods: Carbon filter removed. M5 iDrive knob. Umnitza license plate LEDs. MP3 40% 3M tint ACS Anti-Roll(sway) bars RPI Scoop G-tech Pro RR CF Roundels CF Wheel caps

Originally Posted by 1600' post='616498' date='Jul 4 2008, 04:00 PM
Yes, with Jim Reed at Prestige and at Hassel with Paul Giaquinto
I had good experience with Jim at Prestige as well.
Old 07-27-2008, 04:37 AM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Good experience with Moritz BMW (Arlington, TX)
Old 07-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i Titanium Silver

Originally Posted by carnk2005' post='633379' date='Jul 26 2008, 10:54 PM
Did that fix your issue after they installed it? I just had that same issue today.
They ended up opening PUMA case with BMW and replacing TCU as a goodwill .After that everthing got programmed as it should. If you brought in fully functional car and now after failed programming it is not then call BMW and open the complaint - that worked for me and I paid only for 2 hour labor how it was originally agreed upon. And I did not pay anything for a loaner car as well, which was also written off as a goodwill.
After all my experience was pretty good - they've been calling me almost every day the update and SA was very polite and professional. Even though for any other needs (except programming) I go to the independent dealer where I know everybody and I get everything done just for the price of parts. They cannot do programming since they don't have head which connects to the car, but I did build them laptop with BMW DIS/TIS software and the head is the only what they need to do programming.
Old 07-27-2008, 08:45 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bars_sun' post='633539' date='Jul 27 2008, 06:45 AM
They ended up opening PUMA case with BMW and replacing TCU as a goodwill .After that everthing got programmed as it should. If you brought in fully functional car and now after failed programming it is not then call BMW and open the complaint - that worked for me and I paid only for 2 hour labor how it was originally agreed upon. And I did not pay anything for a loaner car as well, which was also written off as a goodwill.
After all my experience was pretty good - they've been calling me almost every day the update and SA was very polite and professional. Even though for any other needs (except programming) I go to the independent dealer where I know everybody and I get everything done just for the price of parts. They cannot do programming since they don't have head which connects to the car, but I did build them laptop with BMW DIS/TIS software and the head is the only what they need to do programming.
So it was just the TCU and not the head unit. Tell me about this PUMA case, is it something they offered to do or did you mention it to them?
Old 07-27-2008, 09:23 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

nice to see some positive remarks about BMW service experiences, it seems we usually hear/read/post about the bad ones....be nice to have a thread where you could post city, state, BMW dealership/service/SA and type up a quick review. I know that's really almost impossible to do/start as there are so many dealerships and service departments...

to the OP: good luck, hope everything gets resolved...