Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Got my car back today ... WOOWW!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 08:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...glad you are finally on board with the M-sport kit and looks Lomag... perhaps with your influence and the board behind you, maybe you can get BMW NA to offer this darn thing right from the factory??? its rediculous that we have to go all over the place to get this kit installed, which is the best look, imho, for the E60... there is absolutely no reason for BMW NA to hold this back any longer when we can put the kit on after the fact...
Old 05-03-2005, 08:43 AM
JDN
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 2 2005, 04:07 PM
JDN: There's only that one group of pressures listed. No table, no nothing, just the front pressure and rear pressure.

Why the change was made, that's what we really need to determine. As far as I know nothing changed technically about the car. BMW is still using Dunlop as the primary tire supplier.. I think I'm going to give them a call tommorrow when I get a chance. We have a trickle charger issue too that after 15 minutes when the car goes to sleep it will no longer charge the battery which stinks!
[snapback]123027[/snapback]
Thanks. The extra pressure would have helped me when I put mine on the track last weekend. The tires with regulation pressure look like they were melting on the traction surfaces - strips of what has all the appearances of melted rubber dribblets across the tread surface. I wish I had more pressure - after the fact.

Wonder if the trickle charger could be connected directly to the battery in the trunk?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2002 330CIC with Sports and Premium (Sold 4/2005) 2005 545I Black Saphire Metalic, with Black Dakota Leather, Poplar trim. Sport Package, MTech Body kit and Spoiler, HUD, Comfort Seats, Navigation, Premium sound, CWP, Heated Rear Seats, Window shades. Valentine 1 hardwired, Aux input.

There was a way to check the software version on the E60. My build is March 21, 2005 and it seems that they caught the cheat. Is there a way to figure out which CIP version is on my car.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:11 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by LuvE60' date='May 3 2005, 06:50 PM
There was a way to check the software version on the E60.? My build is March 21, 2005 and it seems that they caught the cheat.? Is there a way to figure out which CIP version is on my car.
[snapback]123440[/snapback]
AFAIK there never was a way to find out what CIP release your car has. Only the dealer can tell you.
Old 05-03-2005, 01:28 PM
Contributors

Lomag,

If I remember correctly, the change in the tire pressure sticker was only in the US. I thought that some of our foreign friends were still getting the table. Could someone please verify if they are still getting the table?

Also, is there a different sticker for the RF's, i.e. one pressure reccomendation for the sport package, and different one for those without? Only ask because curious if the RF's need higher or lower pressures than non RF's so I can properly set my non RF tire pressure.

Thanks, and looking forward to pics, especially since it's Mystic Blue.
Old 05-03-2005, 02:59 PM
Senior Members

Lomag, how much did it cost for the whole deal to get the M-Kit put on your beautiful car?
Old 05-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 2 2005, 03:07 PM
Why the change was made, that's what we really need to determine. As far as I know nothing changed technically about the car. BMW is still using Dunlop as the primary tire supplier.. I think I'm going to give them a call tommorrow when I get a chance. We have a trickle charger issue too that after 15 minutes when the car goes to sleep it will no longer charge the battery which stinks!
[snapback]123027[/snapback]

If in fact there are "new improved" Dunlops that were developed to fix the defect of the older ones could that be the reason for the different tire pressures for the 2005's? If BMW started installing the "New Dunlops" starting with the 9/04 production then this will coincide with the new tire pressure stickers for 2005. Maybe the new Dunlops require higher pressure. Of coarse this is all my speculation and it may not be valid at all, especially if the non-US models still have the old pressure stickers.
Old 05-03-2005, 06:23 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

saurabh: $1200 paint + install, parts were $1300 from crevier + shipping

rody: That is exactly my theory aswell and the reason I'm sticking with the new pressures. They went through the trouble of changing the sticker for a reason and it must have been a very good reason at that, despite the fact that we can't figure out that reason (yet).
Old 05-05-2005, 06:00 PM
Senior Members

man, i can't wait to get the sw update tomorrow and hopefully they know how to activate the bluetooth .
Old 05-05-2005, 06:06 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 3 2005, 10:23 PM
rody: That is exactly my theory aswell and the reason I'm sticking with the new pressures. They went through the trouble of changing the sticker for a reason and it must have been a very good reason at that, despite the fact that we can't figure out that reason (yet).
[snapback]123676[/snapback]
Although I agree that the new pressures may be the right way to go, my theory on why they changed the sticker was due to the confusing nature of the old one and the litigious society we live in here in the US. I think the average American owner couldn't figure out how to read that old sticker with all the geometric shapes, etc. on it. Most are clueless and just want to see a number. If they were to get in an accident, especially if improper inflation contributed to the cause, some slick lawyer over here would nail BMW for confusing the consumer, etc.

Quick Reply: Got my car back today ... WOOWW!!