Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Got my car back today ... WOOWW!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2005, 06:38 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

My baby is being updated today (16.2) !!! I have a Chevy Cavalier loaner... it makes you REALLY appreciate your car...

Tomorrow morning I will pick her up, hope to feel the same changes as you guys !!

(though mine is a manual tranny and I think the software has only updated the slushbox computer rather than engine timing etc.)

I will let you know..

P.S.

From the software update it's going to BMW tuning shop for CDV replace & UUC EVO III Short shifter installation !!!

Old 05-02-2005, 07:00 PM
Members

I'm curious...I don't have sport package, so I never have to deal with RF tires.

The sticker on the driver's side pillar actually has a matrix showing various tire pressures depending on wheel size, thickness and width combo, and speed rating.

Those with sport package only show one line for front/rear?
Old 05-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Members
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
My Ride: BMW

Gadgets: I wish you the best!

I'd like to add for the others that they charged BMW 1.50 hours of tech time to update the software. I believe most dealers have a labor rate of 102/hr so that's $153 for the update. I'm willing to pay that once a year when the car goes out of warranty to get a software update if changes come along that warrant it. That's not too bad, I guess.

As for the alignment.. I have no idea if it should have been included and paid for by BMW but I wasn't going to fuss with it after getting 4 brand new tires and software. Besides the dealer discounted it to $100 for me.. maybe it was only a "paper-work" alignment and they acctually didn't do anything.. I don't know.. but, I'm vey happy with the car after this service, more than any other service return I've had to date.

Only if we could figure out this tire pressure issue.. I'm calling BMWNA tommorrow about that and a few other issues. I'll let you know what they say.
Old 05-02-2005, 07:06 PM
Members
Senior Members

Originally Posted by alpine60' date='May 2 2005, 11:00 PM
I'm curious...I don't have sport package, so I never have to deal with RF tires.?

The sticker on the driver's side pillar actually has a matrix showing various tire pressures depending on wheel size, thickness and width combo, and speed rating.?

[snapback]123236[/snapback]
2004 models have a table with the various tire sizes like you and I have. 2005 models and on have just a single pressure listing for front and rear so we're trying to figure out why this changed.

Looking into the manual doesn't help because the manual has not changed since the car was first produced but they changed the door jam sticker, why, why, why! I must say the new sticker has a white background with, red, and yellow, and black lettering. It's very noticable. The old sticker was black with gray lettering and hard to notice.. something fishy is going on here!!
Old 05-02-2005, 07:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, Active Steering, Comfort Seats, Comfort Access, HUD, Alpine White on Black Dakota & a Big Grin ;-) <---- On the vessel from Germany... ******** '05 545i 6 Speed MT, Navigation, PDC, Cold Weather Pkg, Logic7, Prem Pkg, Sport Pkg, UUC EVOIII SSK, Silver Gray on Black Dakota..... (Buy back by BMW NA)

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 2 2005, 10:02 PM

Thanks !!!

Old 05-02-2005, 07:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 2 2005, 09:06 PM
[quote name='alpine60' date='May 2 2005, 11:00 PM']I'm curious...I don't have sport package, so I never have to deal with RF tires.?

The sticker on the driver's side pillar actually has a matrix showing various tire pressures depending on wheel size, thickness and width combo, and speed rating.?

[snapback]123236[/snapback]
2004 models have a table with the various tire sizes like you and I have. 2005 models and on have just a single pressure listing for front and rear so we're trying to figure out why this changed.

Looking into the manual doesn't help because the manual has not changed since the car was first produced but they changed the door jam sticker, why, why, why! I must say the new sticker has a white background with, red, and yellow, and black lettering. It's very noticable. The old sticker was black with gray lettering and hard to notice.. something fishy is going on here!!
[snapback]123239[/snapback]
[/quote]
Old 05-02-2005, 09:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Gone: 2004 525i Jet Black, Built 03/04, Premium Package, Black Dakota Leather, Halogen to Euro Spec Bi-Xenons Retrofit, Dark Poplar Wood Trim, Steptronic Breyton Spirit Reps 20x9F 20x10R - Nitto NT555 245/35/20F-275/30/20R, M5 Front Bumper, H&R Sport Springs, Chrome Grills, 20% Tint, Euro Reflectors, Debadged, Aux Input, CIP v19.x

Where are the pics of your m-kit?
Old 05-03-2005, 01:44 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Busta' date='May 3 2005, 07:20 AM
Where are the pics of your m-kit?
[snapback]123275[/snapback]
..... and the wheel spacers. I ordered some wheels based on your new offset with the spacers and I sure hope it is going to work as expected!
Old 05-03-2005, 05:06 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Lomag' date='May 2 2005, 10:02 PM

I'd like to add for the others that they charged BMW 1.50 hours of tech time to update the software. I believe most dealers have a labor rate of 102/hr so that's $153 for the update. I'm willing to pay that once a year when the car goes out of warranty to get a software update if changes come along that warrant it. That's not too bad, I guess.

As for the alignment.. I have no idea if it should have been included and paid for by BMW but I wasn't going to fuss with it after getting 4 brand new tires and software. Besides the dealer discounted it to $100 for me.. maybe it was only a "paper-work" alignment and they acctually didn't do anything.. I don't know.. but, I'm vey happy with the car after this service, more than any other service return I've had to date.

Only if we could figure out this tire pressure issue.. I'm calling BMWNA tommorrow about that and a few other issues. I'll let you know what they say.?
[snapback]123237[/snapback]
Sounds great.What dealer do you use??
cheers
vern
Old 05-03-2005, 05:53 AM
Members
Senior Members

JMK in Springfield, NJ. If you want to go there it's $1200 for paint+install, talk to Mike. A bit pricey perhaps but rody said he got his painted for $800 and did the install himself. For $400 I rather let a pro do it because, atleast me, I'd probably screw it up. It also involves cutting some old pieces which wasn't mentioned on the forum yet.. I'll post more about that later in the Mods forum

Pics will be comming soon, probably later this week. I still haven't gotten the longer threaded lug nuts back from the powder shop place so I can't install the spacers yet. ULtraPLanet: I ordered those sizes based on, ofcourse, other members feedback in this forum aswell. Check the below thread. I believe that member put only 15mm in the rear but no spacers in the front. Those pictures sealed the deal for me, especially being mystic blue with the m-kit at that!!
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...ndpost&p=115761
If you go with a size smaller than 10mm you loose the extended hubcentric ring and might have a vibration issue and such. I'll discuss that more later when I post.

I've acctually got to go pickup the old parts today and clean them up for storage.

Sorry to go off topic.. i'll post back with the tire pressure news soon!

Quick Reply: Got my car back today ... WOOWW!!