Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

getting jerked around from dealer....

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 06:39 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

brought my car in for service yesterday, noise in dash (blower fan), rear cig lighter light out, vibration from engine and eyebrows/drl werent working. told him to only do waranty work, dont want a bill when i show up......

just got a call from these idiots. first problem, he says the tech didnt see the note for 'waranty work only' and he replaced the cig light. second problem, tells me the lamp housing looks like it has been tampered with or is not bmw part and it may void waranty. third problem, they need to order blower fan so i need to go back in a week. if i give them a hard time do i have to worry about these idots screwing around with my ride when i go back next week?

do i have any right to refuse payment because the work order specifically says 'waranty work only"?

is it an issue if i replaced bulbs in housing (xenon, turn signal, AE's)? if for some reason it is not a bmw part can i go back to the dealer i bought it from and complain? bought it cpo from authorized dealer 6 months ago....need advise
Old 01-22-2009, 06:53 AM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='774588' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:39 AM
brought my car in for service yesterday, noise in dash (blower fan), rear cig lighter light out, vibration from engine and eyebrows/drl werent working. told him to only do waranty work, dont want a bill when i show up......

just got a call from these idiots. first problem, he says the tech didnt see the note for 'waranty work only' and he replaced the cig light. second problem, tells me the lamp housing looks like it has been tampered with or is not bmw part and it may void waranty. third problem, they need to order blower fan so i need to go back in a week. if i give them a hard time do i have to worry about these idots screwing around with my ride when i go back next week?

do i have any right to refuse payment because the work order specifically says 'waranty work only"?

is it an issue if i replaced bulbs in housing (xenon, turn signal, AE's)? if for some reason it is not a bmw part can i go back to the dealer i bought it from and complain? bought it cpo from authorized dealer 6 months ago....need advise

peter, where did u takle ur car? Life NON-Quality BMW in BK? I go ALL the way to BMW of Bloomfield cuz they have MUCH better service. switch places peter
Old 01-22-2009, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='774596' date='Jan 22 2009, 10:53 AM
peter, where did u takle ur car? Life NON-Quality BMW in BK? I go ALL the way to BMW of Bloomfield cuz they have MUCH better service. switch places peter
actually i went out to princeton bmw near friggin PA because i knew the part manager there so i figured id be taken care of.....no such luck. and im very familiar with life quality though, bunch of idiots. bought my car at open road, shouldve just went back there.
Old 01-22-2009, 07:55 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='774619' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:26 AM
actually i went out to princeton bmw near friggin PA because i knew the part manager there so i figured id be taken care of.....
Geez, with friends like these, who needs enemies??? Sorry to hear about that.
Old 01-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa' post='774642' date='Jan 22 2009, 11:55 AM
Geez, with friends like these, who needs enemies??? Sorry to hear about that.

tell me about, its actually not his fault though. hes part manager and the service area isnt ev en on the same lot as where his office is. he just set up the appointment for me and the loaner.....oh, i forgot about the loaner. get this. im told ill get a loaner and when i show up they have no cars.....so i end up driving off in some piece of crap sentra from enterprise rental. crazy right? friggin idiots. gonna be fun tonight when i pick up my ride
Old 01-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 650 Grand Coupe
Model Year: 2016

If I specifically told them to only do warranty work, no way would I pay for the labor on that cig light. I'd say look, I'll go for the part, but I will not pay you for labor that I asked you not to do.
Old 01-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='774588' date='Jan 22 2009, 06:39 PM

threaten them you are writing an official letter to the BMW head quarters explaining the problem, that such official dealer is forcing a bill on you when you clearly told them 'waranty work only'... Why should you become a victim of such workers...
Old 01-22-2009, 11:48 AM
Contributors

spoke to bmw, picking car up tonight. they told me there is no charge for the labor on the cig light...just part (few bucks). replced cam sensors and have to go back for fan blower in dasboard (making noise). problem with headlamps though, i told them that the eyebrows have not worked since i purchased car in july. i figured it needed software update, they told me that there is something wrong with the lamps and that its not covered under warranty? how could both lamps be broken?
Old 01-22-2009, 11:51 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='774857' date='Jan 22 2009, 12:48 PM
spoke to bmw, picking car up tonight. they told me there is no charge for the labor on the cig light...just part (few bucks). replced cam sensors and have to go back for fan blower in dasboard (making noise). problem with headlamps though, i told them that the eyebrows have not worked since i purchased car in july. i figured it needed software update, they told me that there is something wrong with the lamps and that its not covered under warranty? how could both lamps be broken?
do you mean the eyebrows, angel eyes or the actual xenon headlights?

Is your car cpo?
Old 01-22-2009, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered' post='774858' date='Jan 22 2009, 03:51 PM
do you mean the eyebrows, angel eyes or the actual xenon headlights?

Is your car cpo?

eyebrows (amber stripe) and drls, they havent worked since i picked up car i july. i have '06 where the drls are the lamps next to the headlights. they told me something was wrong with the lamps, malfunction in the circuits or something. how could both lamps be short circuited??? its bull if you ask me

Quick Reply: getting jerked around from dealer....