Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Funny phone call from tirerack today!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2009, 05:23 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so i was at lunch today and checked my emails from my phone and saw a email from tirerack. I read it and it said they needed to talk to me before they shipped my order. I called and talked with the guy handling my order. He says "i just wanted to make sure you meant to order these tires". I obviously said yes i did want those. He replies with "you understand that these 20in tires will not fit your 2006 bmw!" I said obviously, i have ordered new rims. He then replies "you understand that a tire setup like this is going to cost you thousands to reprogram your bmw computer?" At this point i was annoyed, he was talking to me like i was an idiot! I nicely told him i appreciate him checking up on the order but i know what im getting into and i want the order shipped!

I thought this was kind of odd. Anyone ever had this happen with tirerack?
Old 04-28-2009, 05:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Have you checked the outside diameter of the tires compared to the originals? Even if that's the case, the worst issue is speedomter error. If you were just ordering fronts or backs, that could be an issue with mismatched sizes but otherwise I don't see an issue and I've never heard of reprogramming the BMW computer before.
Old 04-28-2009, 05:51 PM
Contributors

My Ride: .
Model Year: .

Originally Posted by Alpine White Girl' post='862277' date='Apr 28 2009, 08:23 PM
Ok so i was at lunch today and checked my emails from my phone and saw a email from tirerack. I read it and it said they needed to talk to me before they shipped my order. I called and talked with the guy handling my order. He says "i just wanted to make sure you meant to order these tires". I obviously said yes i did want those. He replies with "you understand that these 20in tires will not fit your 2006 bmw!" I said obviously, i have ordered new rims. He then replies "you understand that a tire setup like this is going to cost you thousands to reprogram your bmw computer?" At this point i was annoyed, he was talking to me like i was an idiot! I nicely told him i appreciate him checking up on the order but i know what im getting into and i want the order shipped!

I thought this was kind of odd. Anyone ever had this happen with tirerack?
Yes, I got this call as well when I ordered my tires. The reason being is
that the 20" tires you ordered are 35/30 vs. the standard 30/25 series.

They're just doing their job, checking-in with you