Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Flat tire warning

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

Does anyone know what causes my car to keep on sending a flat tire warning in my i-drive? I took the car into the stealership and the SA told me it was fine, and of course charged me a service fee cause i dont have the warranty any longer. I thought the problem would be my tpms sensors but how can i have them tested? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
Old 02-16-2010, 07:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by steeda106
Does anyone know what causes my car to keep on sending a flat tire warning in my i-drive? I took the car into the stealership and the SA told me it was fine, and of course charged me a service fee cause i dont have the warranty any longer. I thought the problem would be my tpms sensors but how can i have them tested? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....
Did the dealer adjust the tire pressures and extinguish the flat tire warning OR charge you even though they didn't diagnose or remedy the issue?
Old 02-16-2010, 07:09 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Blacked out 530i, Carbon Fiber Pillars, Carbon Fiber Emblems (Wheels, Steering Wheel and Hood/Trunk). Blacked out kidney Grill, Smoked side marker lights, 15mm Rear Spacers, K&N Filter, Window Tint, Navigon Syst. Breyton Front Lip. Bilistein Coil Over Suspension Front & Rear Droped 1.5" Genuine M5 Pedal set. Mtechnik side skirts, RPI Exhaust.

I assume they fix it but im starting to think they just adjusted the pressure and reset my idrive. Damn Dealers, i tell you, they are a bunch of thieves..... So you think it might be a bad tpms?
Old 02-17-2010, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545i, sport pkg, premium sound, sprint booster,

Originally Posted by steeda106
I assume they fix it but im starting to think they just adjusted the pressure and reset my idrive. Damn Dealers, i tell you, they are a bunch of thieves..... So you think it might be a bad tpms?
Could be if they are the original ones.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:36 AM
Members

Wow......I just did a search on here on TPMS and came up with some useful information that i wish i would of known before posting this question.....I came to find out that i DONT have TPMS on my car because every time i get that annoying message that i have a flat tire (which i dont) it re-directs me to the service section in the I-drive and it reads FTM. Which i was just told is different than TPMS. So, then i ask my self, is it still a broken sensor or? Anyone.......