Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

First post....

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks! Will keep everyone updated. Currently, according to OC the car's status is just "On Order" and it doesn't even show up with the correct color or options, but Irv warned me that it will probably be the end of the week when it get updated. But he told me that it will be a week 19 production car according to his allocation sheet. That makes its birthdate about 1 month before the start of the World Cup....hopefully the factory workers are still working hard, instead of thinking about the games.

I am currently looking through the accessories catalog and one question I have has to do with the BMW Electric Cooler. I am wondering if anyone here has it and where did he/she get it from, how much did it cost and if you think its useful. Also, how many cans of pop/soda can it hold. I am thinking about getting it because we go on roadtrips sometimes and it will be better than trying to find ice all the time like we currently do. Thanks!

Originally Posted by iceman316' post='267447' date='Apr 10 2006, 06:52 PM
Welcome and Congrats on the 550i... Good luck on the wait .. March was the looonngggest month ever for me .. I just read this awesome forum everday to keep busy but time just goes by soo slowly ... NEways Congrats and Welcome. Keep us up to date on your 550i
Old 04-10-2006, 04:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Welcome to the forum! Now that your here, its tradition that we have you pull your pants down and scream "chunky steaks" while your outside waiting for a bus. Typical protocol.
Old 04-10-2006, 04:56 PM
Members

Done! Look for it in tomorrow's papers.

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='267455' date='Apr 10 2006, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the forum! Now that your here, its tradition that we have you pull your pants down and scream "chunky steaks" while your outside waiting for a bus. Typical protocol.
Old 04-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Wow sounds so easy! I wish my buying experience was as good as yours...
Old 04-10-2006, 07:09 PM
Members

Yeah, I was kinda surprised too that the whole buying experience was so easy and stress free. Since pricing part was done via email, it only took about an hour for the test drive and all the initial paperwork. If there is such a thing as a "NICE" car saleperson, Irv from Motorwerks would in my mind be the definition. Last Friday, he promised to email my production number on Monday, and I was expecting to have to remind him about it, but the email was there by the time I checked my email this morning! He even thanked me during our test drive for making such a reasonable offer. OK, enough of this ranting about the buying process, orelse certain members here would think that I work for the dealer. Time to get back to waiting for the car!

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='267470' date='Apr 10 2006, 08:32 PM
Wow sounds so easy! I wish my buying experience was as good as yours...
Old 04-11-2006, 01:48 PM
Members

Talking

Hey JoseYu,
Looks like both our 550's will be being produced on the same week. I was told the same info for mine today as yours, week 19. They figure the first to second week June delivery for me as well. Not sure if you saw the thread I started last week about the ride quality with the run flats but I'm glad that your test drive felt comfortable. I wasn't able to drive a 550 that had them or the sport suspension, but I know I wanted it anyway. Well you car description sounds awesome.. I'm getting mystic blue with Auburn interior and every factory option except active steering.. I tried both with and without and didn't actually like how sensitive it was at slower speeds. I bet our cars will end up on the same ship into N.J. I'll be sure to post here to let you know what's happening with my car and feel free to do the same. I can't stand another 8 weeks.. Ughhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Steven
Old 04-11-2006, 02:25 PM
Members

As far as ride quality and the Bridgestone RFTs are concerned, I thought they were never too harsh. In fact, I think they are smoother than my current G35 sedan with the sports package and Michelin Pilot Sports (non RF of course). The cabin was also really quiet, because at one point I was asked by my passenger how fast I thought I was going without looking down, and I replied 50. I then looked and realized that I was doing 85 mph and accelerating.

Our 550i will probably be on the same boat, so I will definitely keep you updated. Right now, according to OC, the car is just at the order submitted stage, it does not even show the correct color or options, but my SA told me it will get updated later this week. You are probably gonna get it before I do 'cause MA is much closer to NJ than Chicago.

Originally Posted by wavehogger' post='267868' date='Apr 11 2006, 04:48 PM
Hey JoseYu,
Looks like both our 550's will be being produced on the same week. I was told the same info for mine today as yours, week 19. They figure the first to second week June delivery for me as well. Not sure if you saw the thread I started last week about the ride quality with the run flats but I'm glad that your test drive felt comfortable. I wasn't able to drive a 550 that had them or the sport suspension, but I know I wanted it anyway. Well you car description sounds awesome.. I'm getting mystic blue with Auburn interior and every factory option except active steering.. I tried both with and without and didn't actually like how sensitive it was at slower speeds. I bet our cars will end up on the same ship into N.J. I'll be sure to post here to let you know what's happening with my car and feel free to do the same. I can't stand another 8 weeks.. Ughhhhhhhhhhh!!!

Steven
Old 04-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Members

Unhappy

Well I'm really glad to hear that about the ride. Many forum members had gotten me a bit concerned. It's funny about our cars, it's like we're going to be related since our Bimmers will be brothers or sisters. Mine also says "on order" as well. Don't worry I bet the difference between us both getting our cars is only a day or two. Then it also depends on how fast the dealer can get it ready as well as when the paperwork arrives to register it. They told me that BMW won't send that until they confirm the car has arrived at the dealer and then it takes 2-3 days in the mail. Why can't they figure out a better way? Oh and did your dealer tell you that after the car is loaded on the boat, their system, not our online system, will be able to tell us the name of the boat and the website and we can then track where it is as it journeys across the Atlantic. It will be more accurate for the arrival time into the port. Should be interesting. Take it easy.

Originally Posted by joseyu' post='267890' date='Apr 11 2006, 06:25 PM
As far as ride quality and the Bridgestone RFTs are concerned, I thought they were never too harsh. In fact, I think they are smoother than my current G35 sedan with the sports package and Michelin Pilot Sports (non RF of course). The cabin was also really quiet, because at one point I was asked by my passenger how fast I thought I was going without looking down, and I replied 50. I then looked and realized that I was doing 85 mph and accelerating.

Our 550i will probably be on the same boat, so I will definitely keep you updated. Right now, according to OC, the car is just at the order submitted stage, it does not even show the correct color or options, but my SA told me it will get updated later this week. You are probably gonna get it before I do 'cause MA is much closer to NJ than Chicago. ttyl
Old 04-11-2006, 06:39 PM
Members

Once you see the VIN number in the OC, you can use it at the following website (since the car is going to the east coast) to track your car when it ships.

http://schedule.2wglobal.com/AppTracking/s...?trackType=Auto

When you get the ship's name, you can check its location at the shipping lines website.