Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Extended Warranty Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2010, 02:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 525xi, 6 spd MT, Tiefgruen, Nav, Traffic, Comfort Access, Sat Radio, iPodPremium/Cold WX Pkgs

The finance manager at Desimone BMW of Mount Laurel recently told me that BMW NA dropped the 45k requirement and changed it back to 50k to align with the original warranty period. I've still got 8k to go but if someone finds a better deal than MSRP I'd like to hear about it. The local guy said they don't discount MSRP even after I pointed out the "S" stood for suggested.
Old 05-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by chazmink
The finance manager at Desimone BMW of Mount Laurel recently told me that BMW NA dropped the 45k requirement and changed it back to 50k to align with the original warranty period. I've still got 8k to go but if someone finds a better deal than MSRP I'd like to hear about it. The local guy said they don't discount MSRP even after I pointed out the "S" stood for suggested.
Chaz,

Hello to you my fellow Mt Laurel resident! Desimone has treated me really good and their competitive!
Old 07-11-2010, 07:10 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Car

Hey fellow Mount Laurel residents! While searching keyword "desimone" I came across this thread. Not what I was looking for but glad to find some neighbors I'm in Ramblewood.
Old 07-12-2010, 01:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 07 550i Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic, Sport, Premium, Nav, Sat. Radio, Logic 7, Comfort Access, Rear Sunshade.

My dealership quoted me prices that were in the neighborhood of $4-$5k, so I'm going with Mercury Insurance Group who quoted me $2,600 for a 4yr/85k mile exclusionary warranty with no deductible and includes electronics coverage on my '07 that has 40k miles.

If anyone has negative dealings with Mercury, please speak up.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Senior Members

If your vehicle is under 3 yrs/36k miles, good warr companies consider your car in the same category as a new vehicle.

Prices change at 12000 miles, 24,000 miles, etc.

I had prices from GMPP, Toyota, MasterTech, Fidelity, etc for 5 additional years and a total of 75,000 miles for $2400. Zero deduct.

These are all exclusionary warranties. Many warr cos require actual physical breakage, and some exclude coverage if the part shows previous wear prior to breakage. e.g., a worn camshaft that eventually breaks shows that owner ignored maint or signs of a problem.

I have found the best way to get the most accurate info on warrs is to talk with any service manager and show him the actual contract. He/she can tell you how good it is in about 5 minutes or less. He/she is the person at dealership is the person who receives the check or the denial on repairs.
Old 10-11-2010, 12:15 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Bdaddylo
My dealership quoted me prices that were in the neighborhood of $4-$5k, so I'm going with Mercury Insurance Group who quoted me $2,600 for a 4yr/85k mile exclusionary warranty with no deductible and includes electronics coverage on my '07 that has 40k miles.

If anyone has negative dealings with Mercury, please speak up.
I've had a few claims that Mercury has paid for me. First rate company. Great customer service as well. Hope this helps
Old 10-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport LCI Tails w/ V6 Cables MTEC 2.1 AE's 6K HID Xenon 6K HID Fogs HID Reverse Kit Front LED Turn signals LED Sidemarkers Eugene Eyebrow Mod Ricky's Brake effect Mod Fade on/off AE's and LCI Rods M5 cluster mod Interior/Trunk LED's License Plate LED's All Lighting parts thanks to John (Brabusw209amg)! All mods done by Simon (nomis_nehc) and Jorge (GS) LCI tails thanks to double s! V6 cables thanks to Bruce!

I am also looking for an extended warranty option, and spoke with warranty direct today, and it seems as though they have some good options and what not, but do not know much about the company. Based on the few reviews I have read, some say its great and other say avoid like the plague.

I am going to call Mercury tomorrow and see what their options are. Thanks for the heads up on that!

The only option from BMW is the 2yr/24k powertrain plus option, and it doesnt cover much based on the paperwork I read. Anyone have experience with this warranty? Thanks!
Old 10-12-2010, 05:55 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport LCI Tails w/ V6 Cables MTEC 2.1 AE's 6K HID Xenon 6K HID Fogs HID Reverse Kit Front LED Turn signals LED Sidemarkers Eugene Eyebrow Mod Ricky's Brake effect Mod Fade on/off AE's and LCI Rods M5 cluster mod Interior/Trunk LED's License Plate LED's All Lighting parts thanks to John (Brabusw209amg)! All mods done by Simon (nomis_nehc) and Jorge (GS) LCI tails thanks to double s! V6 cables thanks to Bruce!

So I researched a bit more, and found that EasyCare seems like a good company, along with Fidelity, both of which apparently are recommended by BMW dealers (based on info from another thread). But like any third party company, they all have complaints too, so I dunno. So as of now options for me at least are BMW powertrain plus, Easy Care, or Fidelity. Hope it helps! Maybe the BMW one is the way to go.