Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Extended Warranty Pricing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 08:02 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi,

My 07 530i is coming up on the end of factory warranty. I'm thinking about buying the extended warranty program - any idea what I should expect in terms of coverage (years/mileage) and pricing? I'm not interested in the scheduled maint program, just extending the factory warranty.

I'm in Northern Cal, if that makes any difference.

Thanks for any and all advice!

ugggh
Old 05-03-2010, 08:04 PM
Contributors

Most 3rd party extended warranty companies are a rip-off with horrible coverage and not worth the money. They usually cost like $3,000 or more.

I suggest you look into the extended warranty directly from BMW. Go to your local BMW dealer for details.

See here: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...rotection.aspx
Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Howitzer
Most 3rd party extended warranty companies are a rip-off with horrible coverage and not worth the money. They usually cost like $3,000 or more.

I suggest you look into the extended warranty directly from BMW. Go to your local BMW dealer for details.

See here: http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...rotection.aspx

Thanks, Howitzer. Do you know if these are offered at standard, non-negotiable prices? Or is each dealer able to set a price independently of BMW NA?
Old 05-09-2010, 12:04 AM
Members

Originally Posted by ugggh
Thanks, Howitzer. Do you know if these are offered at standard, non-negotiable prices? Or is each dealer able to set a price independently of BMW NA?
Everything is negotiable!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:22 PM
Members

Alpha Warranty Services in Utah. So far have replaced leaking cracked valve cover and recently the electric water pump on my 535. $100 deductable, but no hassles. Cost for 4 years or 50,000 miles was $2300.
Old 05-09-2010, 08:10 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 550i

I suggest the policy sold thru the dealership if you do it. This is highly competitive and negoiatable. The price will depent on whether you have navigation or not (this adds about $500 to the cost). Check with several dealerships and let them know you are checking with other dealers.

Good luck!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:07 PM
Members

My Ride: '06 550, Sport/Navi/etceteraetcetera

Hi,

My 07 530i is coming up on the end of factory warranty. I'm thinking about buying the extended warranty program - any idea what I should expect in terms of coverage (years/mileage) and pricing? I'm not interested in the scheduled maint program, just extending the factory warranty.

ugggh
I was quoted $1,600 from the dealer for 4 years/50000 miles, if purchased in the original warranty period. After that, the price almost doubles.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 550i - AS, SP, CWP, Nav, L7, Rear Sunshades, PDC, Comfort Seats

I purchased my extended warranty offered by BMW, there are three different levels(platinum, gold and powertrain plus). The caveat to get the platinum and gold coverage is to not breach the 4 years or 45000 miles; if you do, powertrain plus is the only option. I chose the platinum coverage that covers the iDrive and all related components, only exception, bluetooth is not covered. These are exclusionary policies with $50 deductible.

I did check three different dealers and they were offering MSRP and was able to get $200 off of the $3980 price. This was for 2 years or 100,000 miles. They do also offer 3 years or 100,000 miles. Not cheap, but for peace of mind.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:34 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

check your insurance policy first. i bought my car new and geico has a warranty on the car for 6 years from date of purchase if youre the original owner and have insured the car thru them since new. last time i checked it was $100/yr. they said it covers everything on the car. ive never had to use it, and im sure geico will bitch and moan if if ever file a claim, but at least it gives me some peace of mind knowing if anything major blows up its covered.

if thats not an option id haggle to get it directly thru a bmw dealer, theres too many 3rd party scams out there.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 530i | Silver Gray/Blk | Step-Tronic | Sport/Premium Package | Logic 7 | PDC | Fold-Down Rear Seats

Hi,

ugggh

my warranty is end'n this oct and i'm think'n about get'n bmw's extended vehicle protection plan. i heard it's a little cheaper when you purchase the plan while your car is in warranty. if you're interested, maybe we can strike a deal w/ 1 of the bay area dealers!?

Quick Reply: Extended Warranty Pricing?