Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Extended Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 12:19 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 530i|Silver Gray/Black| Premium|Sport|NAV|Auto|PDC|Sunshade|

This company, NDW (National Dealers Warranty) has been blitzing the airwaves lately with their ads. Anyone know if this is legit? Anyone has them on their current E60? If so, how well does the dealer accept this? I know that the BMW warranty does not cover the stereo system and navigation. Does NDW cover this?
Old 04-29-2008, 07:23 AM
Members

Originally Posted by low_ball_88' post='570166' date='Apr 28 2008, 01:19 PM
This company, NDW (National Dealers Warranty) has been blitzing the airwaves lately with their ads. Anyone know if this is legit? Anyone has them on their current E60? If so, how well does the dealer accept this? I know that the BMW warranty does not cover the stereo system and navigation. Does NDW cover this?
I am also from Nor Cal, I am a warranty manager, this company deals only with Risk Retention companies. Stay away, far ,far away . Since it is my job to research many companies, I have found quite a few that are reasonable. Some companies offer wear out coverages,"pricey", others offer limited coverage. Here in Cali, most extended warranties can not be offered to us because of State regulations. Most extended warranty companies outside of Cali, can only offer powertrain or limited mechanical breakdown. Many of these companies will state"Do you have another address that you can use" They do this to offer there coverage due to the states regulation. I am leary of possible issues. I would suggest going to any car dealership, Dodge,Chevy, Toyota, etc... They all can offer bumper to bumper coverage with no limitations. I chose the Chyslers Max plan. Price $2200. They do not cover wear our parts, but offer everything including any electrical component including NAV.

Hope this helps
Angelodimorte
Old 07-17-2008, 01:29 PM
Members

Originally Posted by angelodimorte' post='570768' date='Apr 29 2008, 09:23 AM
I am also from Nor Cal, I am a warranty manager, this company deals only with Risk Retention companies. Stay away, far ,far away . Since it is my job to research many companies, I have found quite a few that are reasonable. Some companies offer wear out coverages,"pricey", others offer limited coverage. Here in Cali, most extended warranties can not be offered to us because of State regulations. Most extended warranty companies outside of Cali, can only offer powertrain or limited mechanical breakdown. Many of these companies will state"Do you have another address that you can use" They do this to offer there coverage due to the states regulation. I am leary of possible issues. I would suggest going to any car dealership, Dodge,Chevy, Toyota, etc... They all can offer bumper to bumper coverage with no limitations. I chose the Chyslers Max plan. Price $2200. They do not cover wear our parts, but offer everything including any electrical component including NAV.

Hope this helps
Angelodimorte
I can tell you a lot about this topic. First off, they are a legitimate warranty provider. Yes they do sell risk retention and insured warranties. There are a lot of companies that do this, but in the state of California, they can not sell you a full coverage warranty. I work for a company that provides warranties, that how I know that. I also know that the limited powertrain warranty they provide in California is VERY limited and is about $2300. I know of companies selling the policies for half that!!! Not many, but the ones that are have more coverage and cost less. Shoot me any questions if you have any.