Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

East Coast delivery timeline

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 01:24 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Once the car gets to port it is technically in the posession of the shipping company and not BMW, so the BMW computer system doesn't track it. That is why the OC said my car was awaiting transport for so long. I could even track it on the WW (shipper) website and ym dealer and the OC said awaiting transport. Try the shippers web site and if that doesn't work, just be patient. Most of us here have been through this and things such as sitting the the port for a while are not unusual. Just because a car arrives at the port the same day a ship departs doesn't mean it is getting on that boat. The boat was probably already full and besides, there will be another boat leaving in a few days. It is well worth the wait...
Old 02-27-2006, 04:04 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='246854' date='Feb 27 2006, 05:24 PM
Just because a car arrives at the port the same day a ship departs doesn't mean it is getting on that boat. The boat was probably already full and besides, there will be another boat leaving in a few days. It is well worth the wait...
I'm aware of that. You have to admit that it's a bit strange that my car arrived at Bremmerhaven on 2/15 and there have been 3 W&W boats have left Bremmerhaven headed to Charleston since the 15th. All departed without my car. There was also an NYK Logistics boat that left without my car.

Thing is... it's getting close to the point where I may just order a 2007 instead.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by adamrogers' post='246983' date='Feb 27 2006, 07:04 PM
I'm aware of that. You have to admit that it's a bit strange that my car arrived at Bremmerhaven on 2/15 and there have been 3 W&W boats have left Bremmerhaven headed to Charleston since the 15th. All departed without my car. There was also an NYK Logistics boat that left without my car.

Thing is... it's getting close to the point where I may just order a 2007 instead.
I'm sure you understand the process, just you haven't indicated the source of your information that the car has not been loaded onto a boat. Once it hits the port, BMW cannot always follow it until it arrives at the VPC here in the states. Is it your SA telling you the car has not loaded or is it the OC website? I assume you since you know that 3 WW boats have sailed since the 15th, you are checking their website and not seeing VIN on a manifest. It takes several days for the VIN to be updated in the WW website as well.

Yes, if the car is indeed still sitting at the port on Feb 27th, almost two weeks after getting there, that is longer than usual, though I'm not sure it is really something thhat would make most folks cancel an order, unless you really want the 2007 model!

My only point was to make sure you understood how relying on the Owner's Circle website could be leading to frustration that may not be justified as the car may actually be on a boat heading to you.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:47 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' post='246986' date='Feb 27 2006, 08:18 PM
I'm sure you understand the process, just you haven't indicated the source of your information that the car has not been loaded onto a boat. Once it hits the port, BMW cannot always follow it until it arrives at the VPC here in the states. Is it your SA telling you the car has not loaded or is it the OC website? I assume you since you know that 3 WW boats have sailed since the 15th, you are checking their website and not seeing VIN on a manifest. It takes several days for the VIN to be updated in the WW website as well.

Yes, if the car is indeed still sitting at the port on Feb 27th, almost two weeks after getting there, that is longer than usual, though I'm not sure it is really something thhat would make most folks cancel an order, unless you really want the 2007 model!

My only point was to make sure you understood how relying on the Owner's Circle website could be leading to frustration that may not be justified as the car may actually be on a boat heading to you.
Thanks for checking.. I don't even look at OC anymore because the info is so old. I call 800-831-1117. Sometimes I ask to speak to someone just to see if they have more info than the automated message that my car is at the port of exit. They actually told me the OC is only updated once/week. Anyway, I check the 800 number and my salesman.

I've also gone to W&W and punched in my VIN without any luck.

I'm not going to altogether cancel the order. I'm just trying to figure out if the car isn't getting on a boat for another week, a 2007 is probably only 3-4 weeks behind that so the gap is smaller than when I first ordered the car.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:14 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 525i Titanium Silver Metalic and 2003 325xi Jet Black with the Premium Package in both cars.

C'mon...remember Good things come to those who wait.......patience
Old 03-01-2006, 10:16 AM
Members

My Ride: Pretty basic I guess. I have the sport, premium and cold weather pkgs. I took a risk on color selection by getting the monaco blue exterior with the auburn seats and door panels. I love both colors but have not seen the two together.

Thanks all. I'm the one who started this on Feb. 27. I learned a few days later that my car was actually on a ship the 24th and had been sailing for several days while I was writing my complaint. I just didn't have credible or up to date information. Won't be long now . . . i hope. I was glad to hear that 2 weeks 'awaiting transport' was a bit unusual and that I wasn't totally off base expecting it to leave sooner. Yep, waiting for what you want is never a bad thing. In fact, it's a good discipline to learn.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 06 530xi

Originally Posted by davemancini' post='247937' date='Mar 1 2006, 02:16 PM
Thanks all. I'm the one who started this on Feb. 27. I learned a few days later that my car was actually on a ship the 24th and had been sailing for several days while I was writing my complaint. I just didn't have credible or up to date information. Won't be long now . . . i hope. I was glad to hear that 2 weeks 'awaiting transport' was a bit unusual and that I wasn't totally off base expecting it to leave sooner. Yep, waiting for what you want is never a bad thing. In fact, it's a good discipline to learn.

Hey. That is great news. Such a relief huh heheh. My 2006 530xi also just arrived at the the port awaiting for a vessel on february 27. There are three boats departing this week heading towards new york: 3/1, 3/2, and 3/4. Hopefully my car gets onboard on one of those ships because this wait is killing me!!