Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ease My Pain........please

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2004, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Hi....6 weeks to go, How did you guys cope with the wait??

Does anyone have pictures of black/maple interior to salve my pain or even Titanium grey exterior shots/videos to help

Guess I'm not patient

(doctor doctor I keep getting smaller)

{You'll just have to be a little patient!!}

The impatient Doc!
Old 05-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Non-titled Normal Person

Why does everything you write end up telling us, yet again, that you are a doctor of some sort?

You might care - we probably don't.
Old 05-05-2004, 01:51 AM
Contributors

non-titled normal person, are you saying a title makes you non-normal???

well, next time you're at the shops, ask them if they've got a life, you could get one. oh and how about registering on the board.

but seriously, if you've a helpful post such as a picture or similar, don't hesitate to add to this thread, otherwise you might get confused with a troll poster.

Speaking personally I have always found everyone on this forum polite and eager to help...yes inane banter does help sometimes but there is no place for insults therefore I apologise for the "get a life" comment

shall I sign as Diesel??

or just use my real name.......John
Old 05-05-2004, 02:29 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Doctor Diesel' date='May 5 2004, 08:07 AM
Hi....6 weeks to go, How did you guys cope with the wait??
Erm, I coped by surfing this board every ten minutes

Read the US owners manual PDF as well. It's not that different from the UK one and it will familiarize you with some of the toys before you get the beast.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:55 AM
Senior Members

doctor diesel

I've got exactly 6 weeks to go and it's driving me crazy too. I'm also trying to concentrate on our plans to map out the rest of the 3 week holiday we have in Germany and France.

We're meeting friends in Germany around Lake Constance and around Ulm, then to Strasbourg to visit a French friend, then on to Paris for a few days, then ending up in Provence a house in the hills that we are hiring. We spent a week in the house last year and it was fantastic.

In addtion, it's with our 2 kids, and I've got to make sure I don't overdo car museum, and factory tours to the point of boredom for them.....

My car is being build this week, and I only wish they had a webcam on it so I could check in on it. I wonder why they make them as early as they do before ED pick up.

I think that the maple anthracite looks fantastic on the black dashboard, which is what I will have, just with seats that are auburn in colour.
Old 05-05-2004, 02:58 AM
Contributors

My production date is the week after next and delivery to the dealers on 16th June, I've already taken a day off work,oops a week off work starting 21st to play with my new toy!!
Old 05-05-2004, 03:56 AM
dvw
Members

Just hang on...

My car will be arriving tomorrow at the dealer (at least I can see the car!!), and next monday or tuesday is the big day!

As for you guys, be patient (I had to wait since the 2nd week of january) but it will all be worth it!

Old 05-05-2004, 04:09 AM
sj3
Senior Members

Doctor Deisel: That was a weird first response to your post and you handled it great, I thought.

Let's start a top-ten list of things to help manage the wait (I've got about a week more!!)...

10. Ask the dealer to loan you one until yours comes in. May be a low chance of success, but it can't hurt to ask!

9. Join Alcoholics Anonymous.

8. Quit smoking.

7. Rent a cheap auto from Rent-a-Wreck to make the Bimmer that much more wonderful when you get it.

6. Call your salesman everyday and ask inane/bizzare questions (this one worked for me!).

5. Look everywhere for other E60's. Have a contest with yourself to see how many you can spot.

4. Find every bit of BMW-mania you can on the web (like this site). This was already suggested, but this is something else that's working ok for me.

3. Go strutting around an Acura dealer to see how the other half lives.

I'll let others come up with 2 and 1. Wait, what about hypnotherapy?

Sam
Old 05-05-2004, 04:27 AM
Senior Members

dvw - Congrats with your new almost-delivered car. I guess the wait is almost over. I took (finally!) delivery of my car two days ago and I must say that it is a lot better than what I expected.

Do you know whether your car is already stationed at Genk? Your dealer should be able to check this. If so, then I hope that it will be transported soon to your dealer. My car was already in Genk two weeks ago but it took 10 days to get it transported from there to my dealer, so I hope that yours will get there quicker!
Old 05-05-2004, 04:38 AM
dvw
Members

JohanDC,

First impressions? Pics?

Delivery-week at the dealer went from 21 to 19!!
Probably my car hasn't been build completely, since I will get it 2 weeks earlier.

Anyway... dealer assured me that I would drive myself next week (monday/tuesday)

Quick Reply: Ease My Pain........please