Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

e60 oil change dealer price

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 12:15 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish that was all i paid, you guys in the states have no idea how lucky you are. I paid £164 which is roughly $262 that doesn't include coolant it only covers draining the oil, changing the filter and refilling.

If anyone wants to live in the UK i will happily swap, nothing is cheap here. I have been to the US 7 times now and i still cant believe how cheap things are, even when your fuel was what you would call expensive i thought it was cheap.
Old 02-19-2010, 12:18 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

Mine charges $99.00 for oil, filter, and wash. I wouldn't let them do the computer scope. Sounds like padding to me. :thumbsdown:
Old 02-19-2010, 12:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
Mine charges $99.00 for oil, filter, and wash. I wouldn't let them do the computer scope. Sounds like padding to me. :thumbsdown:
You are so cruel .

Last year i had two holidays because I like getting away from my country so much, it's like a holiday from the tax man.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Contributors

I took mine to an Indy shop and they charged me $120. The dealer quoted me the same price as they quoted you.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by porsche911targa
That's a pretty good price. My dealer in Dublin, OH would only charge $89 (in 2008/9 may have increased). I would have kept going at that price but I hate going the dealer for oil changes. It's not the dealers fault, but I'm too impatient to have to make an appointment and sit in the waiting room for an hour just for an oil change. I either change it myself or take it to an indy shop that lets me bring my own oil and filter and lets me in the garage while they change it.
Old 02-19-2010, 01:46 PM
Members

My dealer charges about $200 Canadian for my 2005 545 with synthetic oil (9 liters I think), they check the computer and general inspection of the car, car wash etc.

I do it about every 10,000 kms (6000 miles) which is about twice a year for me. I feel it is worth it to have someone inspect the car. After all it is only the cost of three tanks of gas.

I am heading there tomorrow to get the battery replaced. I get a low batt warning after about 10 minutes of ignition on time while using the blue tooth phone.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:34 PM
Members

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i M Sport

I have 545 so it needs 9 quarts of oil. I called my dealer and specifically asked them ho much for an oil change. I was told $99 plus tax. So I went there as scheduled at 8AM. I asked service advisor again how much for an oil change. He said same think. I decided to leave the car and go back in hour and a half. When I came back to pick my car up I came up to the desk asking if my car is readdy and what is my bill. Lady says Yes sir it is ready. That would be 195.95. I am like WHAT? She repats same thing. I am furious. She is calling service advisor. He is comming to the office and he is trying to explain that the car needs comuter scope ant that it is 85 + tax. I am like I had asked You how much for oil change. It was a simple question and You can not tell me at the time of dropping my car that my bill will be TWICE as much? I had some serious argument with the guy and finally paid 108 with taxes. This is not right. So be carefull! 108 for an oil change is OK but $200? INSANE!!!
Old 02-19-2010, 03:39 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by rafichicago
I have 545 so it needs 9 quarts of oil. I called my dealer and specifically asked them ho much for an oil change. I was told $99 plus tax. So I went there as scheduled at 8AM. I asked service advisor again how much for an oil change. He said same think. I decided to leave the car and go back in hour and a half. When I came back to pick my car up I came up to the desk asking if my car is readdy and what is my bill. Lady says Yes sir it is ready. That would be 195.95. I am like WHAT? She repats same thing. I am furious. She is calling service advisor. He is comming to the office and he is trying to explain that the car needs comuter scope ant that it is 85 + tax. I am like I had asked You how much for oil change. It was a simple question and You can not tell me at the time of dropping my car that my bill will be TWICE as much? I had some serious argument with the guy and finally paid 108 with taxes. This is not right. So be carefull! 108 for an oil change is OK but $200? INSANE!!!
Agreed! The only reason to do the scope is if there is an issue/complaint/warning message or the car is due for regularly scheduled service...
Old 02-19-2010, 03:57 PM
Contributors

i bought the extended plan so i dont pay squat for now but initial cost was $2k lol most expensive oil change eva
Old 02-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SmithsonGA
with my 2007 550i now at 54k miles, I had to pay for my oil change for the first time.

Is this a normal charge?

Total is $174.13:

they charge $57.75 to perform a standard scope of the computer to check for faults
$57.75 again for oil change labor
$18.23 for filter
$54 for 6 liters (or qts whatever) of oil
$2.19 for antifreeze

Gave me a -$7.5 discount and I had a valentines (take care of your car....) coupon for -$25.
Then some pay shop charge of $11.55
Sales tax of $5.16

They had the car about 1 hr

Just want to see if this is comparable around the country/area. Granted it is only annually basically, but $174! with $32.5 of disounts! whew.

So funny to see this post today since I just changed my oil. Here is what I did....

1) Went to my dealership
2) Purchased 8 quarts of the proper BMW oil for my car
3) Purchased the filter/ring etc
4) Showed my BMWCCA card and got a 15% discount

Total for the oil and filter came to $58. Then I went to a local Midas where I know most of the guys there and they drained and filled it for $10.

So, grand total for oil change was $68.00

I win.

Quick Reply: e60 oil change dealer price