Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

does anyone have an Aftermarket Warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 02:16 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Originally Posted by lockdownx99' post='852556' date='Apr 20 2009, 08:08 AM
cool. good info. i like the way you said you sell them. it shows your not pitching because you didnt even mention the names of the companies. im glad your interested in actually helping as there are alot of people that would see a chance to make money and go for it. im in the market. and this is part of my research. i just heard about fidelity warranty services. im going to give them a call and check out their info. thanks. everyone chime in. i want to know what you know. thanks.
Thanks, man! I'm not out for a quick buck and I really don't wanna hit'n'run anyone - especially, people on this forum. But any business, if you want to be in business for a long time, you can't just do quickies - you have to have the best quality when it comes to both - service and product - that's key to any business. And that's my belief - hence, I'm not really pitching anything. I got into this business because I was looking for a policy for myself. I have some friends in the used car business, so I talked to a few ppl, one thing led to another, and another, and another... long story short, I'm now working on securing a spot for myself in this business permanently. But I know first hand that this is the kind of business where there are probably more crooks than honest businessmen, so I - more so, than any customer of mine - have to find out the truth about all the products out there. The beauty of it is - I am starting from scratch, pretty much, so I don't have any standing relationships, no commitments to anyone, so I have a lot of freedom to choose the best product out there - and THAT is the only thing I'd ever feel comfortable pitching.

Currently, I'm in the middle of negotiating with yet another company that - at least, per what I've been told so far - is going to include a lot of the items that most other companies do not (Navi being one of those items, for example). But the point I'm trying to make is, once I've done some more research on this subject and have prepared all the info, I'll start a thread on this forum to try and clear up the issues that I myself will have worked out (and possibly, present solutions to many people's problems in this regard). So keep an eye out for this.
Old 04-21-2009, 02:29 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)
Smile

Originally Posted by slickE60' post='852665' date='Apr 20 2009, 10:27 AM
I would stay clear. My used car dealer offered me an aftermarket warranty for 3 yrs unlimited km for $2300 for my used 530, but their stipulations to maintain this coverage were outrageous. They said I would have to change my oil every 3000 miles !!! (5000km). I don't trust them. I've heard only negative feedback about aftermarket warranties. They try to weasel out of paying every chance they get.

Honestly, man, what you're saying is non-specific. You cannot rationally disprove a specific fact with non-specific arguements. Specific fact being the actual service contract and the non-specific agrument being, well, your statement. That being said, I fully understand where you're coming from - that old "better be safe than sorry" adage. But you won't lose anything, but some minutes of your time, actually reading the contract and identifying the specifics. In the meantime, what you'll gain is credibility.

Finally, let me crush a misleading paradigm your comment implies: ALL USED-CAR WARRANTIES ARE AFTERMARKET. The CPO warranty - aftermarket (even if it is sold and "administered" by BMW NA, or BMW Gmbh). The only not aftermarket warranties that exist are the factory new car warranties. And for that matter, if you'd ever bothered to read that warranty's fine print, you might have not bought your BMW - they are worded just as (if not more) confusingly and misleadingly as those contracts that you're so broadly attempting to disregard without consideration of their merits.

So please, do not mislead people - especially, when the market is already flooded with more misleading information, than authentic and there are just as many - if not more - crooks in this industry as there are honest people. Some of us are actually trying to get to the truth here - and as such, I welcome ANY specific information, especially when there's clear evidence of its validity.