Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: Well?
Yes
70.59%
No
28.43%
I dont have an E60 and want to see the results.
0.98%
Voters: 102. You may not vote on this poll

Detail/Wash when taking vehicle in for service/maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:48 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brabusw209amg' post='762597' date='Jan 8 2009, 09:14 AM
they clean and wax mine
You must have something on them or do you own the dealership? - I'm lucky to get a wash.
Old 01-10-2009, 07:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 528i, Space Grey, Nav, PDC, Premium, Sports, Grey Leather, Xenon, Cornering...

Wash and vac.
Old 01-10-2009, 09:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Alpine White 550i Sport, Cream Beige Interior, 6-Sp Manual - retired 9/2011

I've purchased 3 E60's in less than 2 years from my dealership, and I've been there for service more times than I care to admit. They've washed "a" car twice, if you want to call what they do a "washing."

Wtf, Rudy?
Old 01-10-2009, 01:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 530i
Model Year: 2004

Don't let 'em wash it. They usually take it to a nearby car wash. Even if its a hand wash or touchless or whatever, they still dry the car with cheap towels, thats how the swirl marks get on the clear coat.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

They do, that is why I always tell my SA not to touch it.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:37 PM
JMC
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 M5, Silverstone II/Black

Nothing from my dealership in London. I don't even get a loaner.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535i 6-speed
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by Allen' post='762761' date='Jan 8 2009, 12:16 PM
Same here. My SA has a BIG note on my account: DO NOT WASH THIS CAR. My policy is very simple....never let anyone touch the car for any reason unless you have no choice...service, etc. On my last car, of the (5) dings/scratches that it had after 13 years/250K miles, all but (1) happened when the car was in for service.

Example 1: Car was in for service, before returning it, they were gonna wash for me. Not yet having an auto car wash machine (they do now), they did it by hand..with a hose and bucket. Like most hoses, this hose had a metal tip. Well...that metal tip left a really nice gouge in my drivers door...black car....perfect with no dings/marks of any kind. They offered to fix it, but it would have required a re-spray of the entire door. So I put touch up paint on it and left...oh...and looked at that scratch EVERY time I got in car for the next 10 years!

Example 2: Car was at supposedly "high-end" body shop to get a very small scratch on the front bumper sprayed. Paint tech was gonna do me a 'favor'. While he was at it, he decided (never asked me)to buff the very front of the hood "to get off some bugmarks". The bug marks were gone...now I had swirl marks... No problem, I get orbital buffer those along with hood and they will disappear. Didn't turn out well at all. "Geeez...I'm sooo sorry....because we screwed up, how about we spray your hood". I just left it.

Example 3: My buddy was at the dealer in his M5 getting some wiper refills. My buddy was talking about what a PIA the refills are to install. So the SA; trying to be nice says "I'll have the tech install them for you". My buddy; being an idiot, says "sure...thanks a lot". The tech lifts the wiper vertical, removes the blade. Then somehow, the metal wiper falls/slams into windshield, cracking it. They order new windshield, install it, it makes windnoise, they troublshoot for a few days, install another windshield, and problem was fixed.

Needless to say...my policy is VERY FIRM...never let anyone touch the car for any reason unless you have no choice...
Well....let's just add another example to my list above...I really can't believe this sh!t.....

Example 4: So last week I take may car in to get a bunch of sqeaks/rattles/creaks fixed. So a week later, I get my car back. Since I don't let them wash the car there...it was pretty dirty from sitting outside for a week. So I'm at the house washing my car. As I am running the wash rag along the right side rocker panel...I fell what I thought was a huge chunk of debris or something. No..No..as I bend down to see what it is....I see a 3/4" x 1/4" gash in the rocker panel... Vey curious as to how something like that could happen, I looked at the same location on the left side rocker panel...same thing...just quite as bad. Apparently, when they lifted my car, they didn't "properly" adjust the lift arms at those locations. So, I put some touch up paint on the spots for now, and the dealer will have their guy fix the spots when my car is in for the next service. BTW...those panels are actually plastic...right...because they feel like plastic, but when you like gouge a chunk out of one the panels...it looks very much like metal underneath the paint...but it is plastic right??
Old 02-03-2009, 09:02 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '06 550i '84 Nissan S12 Turbo

I always say NO.....they have a car wash on site here, but it's the same as a shitty car wash anywhere else, and is not touch free. Plus the dudes making $6 an hr drying them don't care. I didn't know they offered this "service", and the first time I took mine in for service, it came out clean, or atleast it looked clean till I walked up to it, and noticed the swirl marks, and the ass end was still dirty
Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: See sig :)

They do wash it, I actually tell them not too, sometimes I forget... They re use same dirty brushes for rims, paint, on clean to dirty cars. My cars gets more scratched up/spider webed everytime they wash it, not to mention I dont want them hitting the brush on the rims causing lil scratches, dents etc