Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealers talking croc of 5hit

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2007, 03:40 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Right

Jsut brought my car into the dealers because had a problem with
- software 25.01 because TMC didn't update (was previously identified last itme i brought it in)
- Saftey warning on the airbags
- Brake Squeal (TSB on this)
- Noise at the rear (TSB on this too)

so cut a long story short,
- dealer doesn't want to update software because no satnav disc in there (reason its not in there is because another dealer scratched it last time), and believes that the problem may lie with the disc and not the software.
I've said this is total BS because last time i came in they ran diagnostics on it and they said it was the software. I'm out of country so can't give them my disc and they can't even source one themselves! (apprently its needed to enable a software upgrade)
- Safety warning on the airbags basically was due to a fuse???
- Brake squeal, I loved this one, apparently idrive says i got 23k miles left before replacement. They inspected brakes and said ohh its because you got 4mm on the pads left. I was like is the sensor faulty (cos of TS because it says 23k miles left on the clock. Dealer goes no, apparently "this is normal" it does jump from 24k to 3k very suddenly
- Noise at the rear, showed them the tsb for this one, dealer says wrong country and different tsb and i'm not supposed to know that it exists and that its not covered by AUC. There going to bmw for a goodwill gesture.

am I right or am I wrong in thinking there talking a croc of 5hit?

anyway enough of my rant, emailed them for their names and go straight to bmw hq.
lets see what they respond with, may put the email chain on here so you can see how much there trying to pull the wool over my eyes!
Old 06-14-2007, 04:37 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: G30 530i M-sport
Model Year: 2018

Can only comment on two of the items you bring up:

1. I also had TMC message issues, and this prompted my dealer to book the car in for a Progman update. It's definitely a crock if they themsleves diagnosed the problem and booked you in and are now refusing to do anything about it. They should have the work order/sheet from the time they did the diagnostics in their system!! Even bigger crock that they do not have a disc to use for a couple of hours for purposes of testing and getting the update done.

2. Noise from the rear - is this a rattle/creaking coming from the rear seats/door/parcel shelf area? If so, check out my post at http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=...mp;#entry434436 . My car was sorted for this last week.

As for TSBs, a TSB is a TSB is a TSB and should, frankly, not be ignored because it was issued in another country - unless it is for country-specific options. The issues you allude to are certainly not country specific - just take a look at the various posts here and the locations of the various posters.

General comment: in the 4 years or so that I have owned BMWs, I have found the dealer network to be a mixed bag of really good ones and, unfortunately, a whole load of really terrible ones - especially when it comes to maintenance. I think the dealer that you have gone to seems to fall into that latter category and, if I were in your place, I would seek out one or two other dealerships and get opinions from them. Not the most time-effective way of doing things, but definitely better on your car, your peace of mind and your wallet (especially in the long run).

MacSid
Old 06-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Members

Let your feet do the talking take it to another dealership. Theres no point in putting up with this sort of service.
Old 06-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: My ex-ride: EU '08 LCI 520dA. Space Grey, Sport Seats in Black Leather/Fabric Anthracite, Sport Steering Wheel, A/C with Extended Features, Hi-Fi Speakers, Cup Holders, Cruise with Braking function, Folding Rear Seats, Xenons, Park Distance Control.

There is something true about this.

The BMW development and factory seems to move fast and do things right, but
the dealerships are not hanging in, for some reason.

But it is still a BMW issue and problem.

The car is only as good as the customer feels it is!