Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer scratched my car, f@ckers

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 06:04 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

Well I picked up my car last Saturday and I have to say, this car is a dream to drive. I almost (note: I said "almost" lol) look forward to the drive to work in the morning. Anyway, before I picked my car up, my CA had the car washed and fueled up for me (I did ED). When I picked it up, immediately I noticed a very fine scratch but because I was excited as hell I decided to pass on it. I figured that was the only one. WRONG. This evening I noticed more scratches on my trunk. Damnit. I'm gonna point it out to her tomnorrow. I should have known to tell them not to wash the car. Same deal with my other car. Dealer washed it and they scratched the hood. I hope it buffs out. This pisses me off.
How many of you guys or gals have your car washed by the dealership? Me? That's it. They're not washing my cars anymore. I'd rather pay $20-30 and have it done at a professional detailing place.
Old 01-26-2007, 08:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

well in HK every time they do something to the car in the dealers, they alway look on the extee of the car for any scrates and mark them up on there form so when I get the car I can check to see if there are any new 1 before I get the car and pay for it.
Old 01-27-2007, 06:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by jcatral14' post='383896' date='Jan 26 2007, 10:04 PM
Well I picked up my car last Saturday and I have to say, this car is a dream to drive. I almost (note: I said "almost" lol) look forward to the drive to work in the morning. Anyway, before I picked my car up, my CA had the car washed and fueled up for me (I did ED). When I picked it up, immediately I noticed a very fine scratch but because I was excited as hell I decided to pass on it. I figured that was the only one. WRONG. This evening I noticed more scratches on my trunk. Damnit. I'm gonna point it out to her tomnorrow. I should have known to tell them not to wash the car. Same deal with my other car. Dealer washed it and they scratched the hood. I hope it buffs out. This pisses me off.
How many of you guys or gals have your car washed by the dealership? Me? That's it. They're not washing my cars anymore. I'd rather pay $20-30 and have it done at a professional detailing place.
Where are you from,what color is your car, whats the dealers name?
cheers
vern
Old 01-27-2007, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: Jan 2006 E63 650i Sport . Options: Sport version (includes: sport-seats, sport-suspension, M-Sport steering wheel, Anthracite headliner, Shaddow Line), Saphire Black, Black Dakota Leather, Anthracite Maple Wood trim, Steptronic Auto, Xenons, NAV-Professional with Voice Control, TV, CD-Changer, Bluetooth, Logic7, Head-up Display, Comfort Access, Seat Heating front, Auto Dimming & Folding Mirrors, Extended Auto Air Conditioning, PDC. . Mods: Spacers 5mm front & 15mm rear . Wheels: 20" Alpina Softline (Classic) with Dunlop Sport Maxx non-RFT (255/35/20 & 285/30/20)

Sorry to hear about the scratches.
What level of scratch are you talking about? Is it like someone has put a key to your car, or only something you can see under certain light if look only centimeters away?
Old 01-27-2007, 09:04 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E46 325i Touring E60 530i Sedan

vern, I'm in Bergen county. I have a Mystic Blue 530i. I don't have to mention the dealership as I think all dealerships are like that. It was another dealership that scratched the other car. I guess they just think they're trying to do me a favor by washing the car but if they wash x amount of cars and they use the same wash mitt then you know they're going to scratch a car sooner or later.

xBMWx, it's not a deep scratch. It's one of those where you see it when the light hits it a certain way. Like the kind you get when the wash mitt is full of sand and grit
Old 01-27-2007, 09:14 AM
Members

I know many mechanics who have worked for dealerships. We all assume because you can eat your dinner of the floor and the place is clean and tidy and you can have a coffee as you read your bmw magazine that the work is to the highest standard.
This is however not true, i have heard stories from people who have and still are with dealerships that would fill a few pages. I only use a dealership because the car is still under warranty and i want to continue full service history.

Just last week my car was in at the dealership and my average mileage was 32.8mpg. I must point out that this car had not been reset for 3,000 miles so had not changed from 32.8mpg for 2 weeks. I put it into the dealer and get it back with 31mpg. I figured someone went out and hammered it.

I also had a damaged rim which i swear was not there when it went in.

Dont trust em
Old 01-27-2007, 09:49 AM
Members

Took my car in for service and our cat had left a couple of footprints on the hood (530 Mystic Blue). Didn't think about it since I was in a hurry to drop it off. Well, they wiped off the prints and left scratches....Luckily, I've been able to buff it out. Next time, probably tell them not to clean it.
Old 01-27-2007, 11:05 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 550 SMG

I make sure that the service advisor writes in BOLD letters DO NOT WASH on the work order and I also make my own sign and hang it on the rear view mirror...
Old 01-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Members

My Ride: Expected delivery on 15 Jan 2007 525I Olivian Green, Beige Interior, PP, CWP, PDC, SP, Rear shades,heated rear seats, Ipod fitted, Nav, Oem Rims 166, Xenon Lights, Wood grain package, illuminated door sills

Sorry to hear about that :'( , but in most dealers defence, they are just trying to help us out. I mean they get our car and some are more dirty than others and once they are done doing your service or reason that we brought it in. They then look at it and (most likely if they have time) wash it. Alot of dealers have a person designated to just spray the car with some water and get a old sponge and wash it. The next step up is a drive in wah in the back of the dealer which is better as long as it is a touchless or use terry clothes (like mine here in Germany). Then the best is when a dealer has a professional detalier person on site, (usually cost a little extra, but well worth it). What I suggest is do what I do, When I take my car in I have my own sponge that I take in with me (brand new) and tell them to use this only on the car itself, not the tires . But most dealers will ask you do you want your car washed, jsut say no. But you need to add a good couple of coats of wax (Rejex, Zaino, Meguar's) and then the scratches will be a little easier to get out.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:03 PM
Contributors

Every time i drop off my car at the dealership i have the SA do a walk around the car and check that there is no damage whatsoever on the car and wheels ( scuffs, scratches, dents , etc INCLUDING THE windshield since they scratched my windshield on my E39 after replacing the windshield wipers ) and i always tell him DO NOT wash the car. so far it has worked for me

Rich

Quick Reply: Dealer scratched my car, f@ckers