Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer recommendations for SF bay area

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 10:01 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i (build date 04/05) silver grey metallic/black leather/anthracite maple/6 speed Steptronic/sport package/cold weather package/premium sound package/active cruise control/navigation system/HUD/Sirius satellite radio/comfort seats/rear electric sunshade/rear airbags/rear seat heat/fold down rear seats
I had generally a bad experience looking for a new (fully optioned) 545 in the bay area, as has been my experience with other brand imports as well. BMW of SF would not even return my calls requesting to buy a 545i with no haggling and for full cash purchase. I was floored by that. I simply went online and purchased the car I wanted from a broker, Cartelligent.com, within one day.
It was painless and I was treated well. How often do you pick up a new car from a dealer and the salesperson actually spends two hours with you going over the car and having custom programmed everything for you in advance. All of this before going inside to actually make the purchase! I know I probably could have gotten closer to invoice by taking a day or two off work and scouting dealers throughout the western states for who could match their offer. The car ended up coming from BMW Concord. I have had little dealing with them yet, so do not know much about service and the like there.
I think the bay area is just a bad buyers market and am resigned to that. To me it was worth every penny never having to step inside a dealership or speaking with a salesman.
Old 06-18-2005, 11:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by soc_fans' date='Jun 3 2005, 04:13 PM
[quote name='my530i' date='Jun 2 2005, 12:13 PM']Try to avoid Stevens Creek BMW. Although 545 is a good lease/buy at the moment, they don't want to budge much off MSRP (only 1000-2000 off). That sucks.
[snapback]135503[/snapback]
I agree with the statement above. Some of salesman are rude towards their customers as well. My buddy just test drove the new E90 a few days ago and he asked the salesman for a used m3 for a test drive. The salesman refused and asked him whether he could afford a $55k car. Is that how a salesman should treat his customer?

Personally, i had some bad experiences with them too. When i was about to buy an E60, i waited at the dealer for more than 30 mins and none of the salesman approached me. I went straight to Peter Pan BMW and buy the car from them the next day without hesitation.

Well, that was my experience with them. It's just FYI.
[snapback]135954[/snapback]
[/quote]

I can't speak for the salespeople for purchasing vehicles from the lot at Stevens Creek, but I just purchase a 530i, ED. Very stress free transaction and I believe I got a pretty good price as well. No BS or hidden fees.

KM