Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Continued Nightvision Delays

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well my ED is scheduled for May 8 and my production week was 4/3. But I received notice from BMW that Im now scheduled for production week 17 April 24,, completed less than 1 week before my ED pickup date.

This delay is due to the Nightvision supplier to get parts to BMW. It was supposed to start with MY07 on March 1, but now nightvision has been pushed back to week 17.

My car will be done less than one week before I arrive in Munich for pick up. I hope the paint is dry.

I placed my order on Feb 11th. talk about a long wait. I won't have this car at my home until late June.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:34 PM
Contributors

My car is either in Charleston or on a truck, and it was ordered with NightVision. Have not heard that there was any delay or issue completing the build as ordered. Guess I'll know soon enough.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='265322' date='Apr 5 2006, 10:34 PM
My car is either in Charleston or on a truck, and it was ordered with NightVision. Have not heard that there was any delay or issue completing the build as ordered. Guess I'll know soon enough.
Thats interesting. Let me know when you get your car. What was the build week? Have you called BMW to check on what options they have included?
Old 04-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Contributors

I have not confirmed my options with BMW. I'll try to do tomorrow and report back.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='265325' date='Apr 5 2006, 10:43 PM
I have not confirmed my options with BMW. I'll try to do tomorrow and report back.
I saw my dealer memo first showing a one month delay from March to April. Then It was pushed back to week 16 then to week 17. Who knows, maybe you got yours installed in the last week of March.

You are the 1st besides myself to go the Nightvision route.

Congrats you almost have your car. Please keep me updated.

Thanks
Old 04-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Contributors

Maybe there were only enough parts for one build? If your build is being delayed, it must be due to issues with the feature. I've waited for two years to order a BMW, waiting for all the software issues, etc. to be worked out. Then I go and order this brand new technology!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='265330' date='Apr 5 2006, 10:53 PM
Maybe there were only enough parts for one build? If your build is being delayed, it must be due to issues with the feature. I've waited for two years to order a BMW, waiting for all the software issues, etc. to be worked out. Then I go and order this brand new technology!
I ordered the M-aero kit and im wondering how they will adapt the front end to allow for the camera to peek thru. I guess they will just take a coping saw and hack out a chunk of the front grill.

Did you call BMW today to see if yours has the camera. What was your build week???
Old 04-06-2006, 11:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i Titanium Silver/Black/Poplar: Steptronic, Sport, Cold Weather, Premium Sound, Comfort Seats, Sat Radio, NAV & Shades

I can't wait to hear some feedback from you guys about Nightvision. I def want this on my next car!!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:41 AM
Contributors

I called BMW, and Night Vision was not included on my car. The guy didn't know whether or not it can be retrofitted, etc. It sounded like it was a ways away from being available.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:29 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by AP Sales' post='266034' date='Apr 7 2006, 01:41 PM
I called BMW, and Night Vision was not included on my car. The guy didn't know whether or not it can be retrofitted, etc. It sounded like it was a ways away from being available.
Well I received a call from my dealer. It seems that my car will not be available for my ED pickup by May 8 due to Nightvision delays. They are direct shipping my car to my Chicago dealer and I dont have to go to Europe for the pick up. They are honoring my ED invoice pricing. Supposedly Night vision will be started the first week of May now. But that is a risk I am taking that there will be more delays. But with direct shipping I will pick up 2 weeks over ED shipping. And I am saving the cost of my plane ticket and my hotel.

Quick Reply: Continued Nightvision Delays