Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Collected UK 530D today - pics and review!

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2004 | 04:21 AM
Senior Members

Stu,

We must have similar taste - I was seriously thinking about a V6 Cayenne as well. After a visit to the local BMW dealer I'm now seriously considering going for another X5 as you can now have it with the individual programme. I've always fancied an Imola red X5 but up 'til now you had to buy a 4.6i S to get that colour and I couldn't stretch the budget that far. An Imola red 3.0d is within reach however. I really should keep away from the dealers as they keep tempting me with their wares!
Old 04-05-2004 | 04:36 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Apr 5 2004, 12:12 PM
Browellm - have you collected yours yet?
Tomorrow Will post pics, and review asap. Although I think there is at least one other person on the board with my colour/trim combination.

think I'll be the first UKer in here with Professional nav though
Old 04-05-2004 | 04:44 AM
Senior Members

Stu,

"should have paid the extra for the bluetooth though - you can send / receive texts on the screen ..."

Who told you about the text function? I have the bluetooth option but it doesn't let you read texts. The 7 series does though. Is this another software upgrade in the latest 5's?
Old 04-05-2004 | 10:18 AM
Members

Stu & Sarah,
The seat adjustment really does take some time to adjust. I have just about got my settings right after a month of ownership. The lower padding ( i.e. lumbar support ) is too prominent and therefore I have found the only way to compensate is reclining the seat back further backwards than one would normally do. I have also got the sports steering wheel adjusted so that it no longer obscures top of dials.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 04-05-2004 | 10:28 AM
Members

ISUK (Ragdude)
I knew it wouldn't be long before you started thinking about a swap especially now your dad has got a new car!!!!
If you are hankering after another X5 I guess you had better place your order now as I understand waiting list is at least 12 months for new revised diesel engine. I was also considering Cayenne but even basic model was just out of my financial reach although standard leather was a plus point. Mind you fuel bills would be horrendous as I suspect that every day around town driving would result in an mpg of aroud 15mpg.
Mark-Yorkshire
Old 04-05-2004 | 11:35 AM
Members

Hi folks

Great car, Stu. I have Orient blue but with the grey interior & I must say that Auburn would have been my first choice, but grey does go with the Titanium.

I was also surprised to hear about the text option with Bluetooth - could someone tell me how to pull up a recently received text on screen? As for texting on the move - are you serious??????

To all of you with non-auto fans I can only say one thing - get down to your dealer and make waves. My local dealer (Chiswick BMW) fixed the car's standard aircon in a single visit and it really works a treat, especially during the recent UK heatwave ;-)

I love the diesel powertrain and, like you, struggle to get much more than 30mpg. I guess I will find out how much the replacement rubber costs before too long.

Next challenge will come when they launch the 535d - that is, selling the change to the trouble & strife!
Old 04-05-2004 | 01:28 PM

browellm,

Sorry to disappoint you , but I have had Professiona Sat/Nav since March 1st, but am missing voice control, MP3, configurable buttons (only one is configurable) and Brake force display.

Steve
Old 04-07-2004 | 02:21 AM
stu
Members

ISUK - and others - ref BT... I was told by a Sytner Salesman that the BT allowed texts) Apologies from me if he was mistaken.
GarryF - thanks - will wizz down to Chiswick to get this fan thing fixed . Do you have a name or contact I could refer to?
Thanks
Old 04-07-2004 | 09:00 AM

Stu,

Thanks for the clarification. Your salesman is no doubt getting confused with the 7 series phone. The BT set does not allow text in the 5.

I've just had confirmation that the 5 will be available with the sport option from this September (no details on what this includes but I suspect revised front and rear bumpers and sidesills, sport alloys, sports seats & steering wheel, black interior headlining, unique exterior colours). I am trying to get a quote on a 535d Sport but no prices have been released as yet.
Old 04-07-2004 | 09:03 AM
Senior Members

Sorry. That last post was mine - I forgot to log in

Quick Reply: Collected UK 530D today - pics and review!