Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Collect my 530dA tomorrow

Old 10-06-2003, 12:19 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

am1296,

No pics at present but I'll ask my colleague to take some and will post them asap. My father is taking delivery of a 530dA today in silver grey. He had it supplied with black clothe as well to get the black interior and has had the seats and door panel inserts retrimmed in beige leather. It also looks really good and I'll post pics of it as well.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='Oct 5 2003, 05:06 PM
Your seats I believe swivel from the top of the headrest, so there is not as much movementin the headrests as there used to be.? Adust the headrest all the way up, and then look at them from underneath.? You will see the "slot" that allows them to swivel.
Hey thanks the headrests do swivel out from the bottom!! I can now get a much better driving posture.
Old 10-22-2003, 02:38 AM
Members

Have had the 530dA for 19 days and have covered over 700 miles in total which include quite a few hundred miles of driving round the motorways and narrow winding country lanes of the East Midlands in England. Haven't noticed any quality issues eg squeaks, rattles etc etc. I quite liked the way the RDS radio constantly re-scans the airwaves so the I-Drive screen updates as new station come on- and off-line.

Since its a family car I thought it may be useful to hear some comments from the family:

Wife says in comparison to our E39 and 330SE-Auto: wider seats are much more comfortable, boot is excellent for all of kids' school stuff, very very easy to drive, nice sharp brakes, smooth & great handling, looks fantastic especially the lights (like the eyes of a cat!), PDC is a god-send for parking in narrow places, electric folding mirrors are also very useful, for day-to-day driving comparable in speed and power to the 330. Overall: car is best we've had so far.

Kids say: Very nice, smooth on the road, can't tell what speed Daddy is driving at apart from watching all the other cars whizz by as they're overtaken (ha ha!), very quiet - can't even hear other cars on the road, leather seats are very cold, likes the cup holder sections in the rear arm rest since its always there and don't need to pull it them out - and the holders can handle most sizes of bottles and cans, like the pockets in the back of the front seats, sound system is very nice, like I-Drive - better then all the buttons upfront, comfortable when Daddy is cornering quickly (hehe!), really like the way the car looks especially the lights, need booster seats so we can easily see out the window.

Well there you go!! 'Nuff said.