Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Checking out a used 545i, few questions...

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2006, 04:20 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 "Stripper" Now C6 "Stripper"
Question

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' post='249742' date='Mar 4 2006, 12:35 PM
A manual 545i without the sport package is a very wierd combination of options. I wouldn't buy it. It's like having the face of cindy crawford and the body of rosanne barr.

Some people would say getting steptronic and not a manual tranny with ZSP wouldn't be worth it.

Whatever floats your boat dude!

More like the face of Cindy Crawford with the "legs" of Roseanne Barr.
Old 03-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My memory is getting really bad but I did not think it was possible to get a 6sp.manual without the Sports Package. Are you sure it does not have Sports Package? Not having the Sports steering wheel is not an indication that it does not have the sports package as in the US it was not part of the sports pack until now (2007 model). Having the comfort seats instead of Sport seats also is not an indication that it does not have the Sports Package as the comfort seats were available on the Sports Pack as an option. I guess one way to check whether it has the sports package is to see whether it has Shadowline (black) trim around the side windows as the non-sport came with chrome while the sport came with Shadowline. The Sports Package also came with the 124 wheels, but I guess those could have been changed so you can't rely on that as proof one way or the other.

If in fact it does not have the sports pack then I would not recommend it (in general and certainly in this case where you have a 6 speed manual and no Sports Package). You can install aftermarket wheels and suspension, but you will be missing out on two very important (IMO) options: ARS and Active Steering. If you have the ability to wait a few more months then I would definately recommend doing so until you can find the right car. As someone recommended keep checking the CPO cars on BMWusa.com and even if you find one a few hundred miles away it may be worth flying there and driving back with it. We did that when my friend bought his CPO 745i a couple of years ago.