Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Car Awaiting Transport

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2005, 08:19 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Hey all,

My car is now showing as produced, awaiting transport. I don't know when it was exactly produced (Owner's circle is a little lagging so people here say). How long does it take once it gets on a vessel? Patiently waiting....not really.

How many of you were just in a bad mood during the wait time, or in a "I don't feel like it!" mood about everything while you were waiting for your car to arrive. My motivation for almost everything has gone down while I wait. I've been getting to work late, I've been falling asleep throughout the day, I've been lazy.

Did anyone else go through a rut???
Old 05-02-2005, 12:02 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by Aaron' date='May 1 2005, 09:19 PM
Hey all,

My car is now showing as produced, awaiting transport.? I don't know when it was exactly produced (Owner's circle is a little lagging so people here say).? How long does it take once it gets on a vessel?? Patiently waiting....not really.

How many of you were just in a bad mood during the wait time, or in a "I don't feel like it!" mood about everything while you were waiting for your car to arrive.? My motivation for almost everything has gone down while I wait.? I've been getting to work late, I've been falling asleep throughout the day, I've been lazy.?

Did anyone else go through a rut???
[snapback]122765[/snapback]
Going through one now... I got to drive mine for just a few days, now it's in the audio shop for a week then off to the dealer for god knows how long for the dreaded software update and aux input install... Lots of anxiety over how all this will turn out given the stories on this board. Then I might get my calipers powder-coated to match my wheels and then I need to give the car a good detailing. Finally I am going to lay the smackdown with some tight, tight pictures.
Old 05-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Members

My Ride: Due in May 2005 - 535d sport, Silver Grey, Grey Dakota Leather, Maple Wood, Xenons, Adaptive Headlights, High Gloss Shadow Line, 6 CD Changer, M Rear Spoiler

Know that feeling very well. Due to pick mine up on Saturday and these last few days seem to take an age. Sure I saw the clock go backwards yesterday!!

Keep consoling myself with the thought of what a great feeling its going to be when I finally get my hands on her (the car that is!).
Old 05-02-2005, 11:41 AM
Contributors

Misery loves company. You see, I've been waiting quietly in my garage for the delivery of my new car. I would have responded earlier Aaron, but I was too busy wallowing in my own pool of self pity as I awaits its arrival. That, and the fact that I just don't give a twiddle about this forum, the overdue report, sales quotas, my over-grown lawn, or you and your precious little car. Fact is I don't really care about anything at this point and wish that they'd just give me my friggin' car already!!!

Other than that, patiently waiting for my new 5 hasn't had any impact on my demeanor, whatsoever.

And as you can see from my signature, I'm just a few steps ahead of you in the waiting game.

Welcome.
Old 05-02-2005, 12:58 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Having ordered--and sometimes waited a long time for--several cars, I feel your pain! It's sort of like the last few days before a much-anticipated vacation...you don't get much done...

And like the much-anticipated vacation--it will be worth it!