Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Car arrived today!

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car is finally at the dealers. I just dropped off the wheels/tires, got my 'BMW' cellphone activated, and am hoping to get the UUC short shift kit overnight so the dealer can install it tomorrow. They've already installed the wood shifter and ebrake and they look great. I'll post pic's soon.
Old 07-26-2004, 08:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Congratulations!!! I'm curious to see the pictures, those wheels will look awesome on your car!
Old 07-26-2004, 08:58 AM
Contributors

Congrats! Post pics soon. Curious to see the shifter and e-brake.

I saw in the ACS package of an aluminum i-drive knob and e-brake. I may swap those out if not expensive.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I looked at the I drive knob on their website and personally I think it looks awkward. They want it too look like a rim or something??? I would rather have the I drive knob in the woodtrim! But hey, I'm a woody hehehe
Old 07-26-2004, 09:22 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Congrats! Enjoy!
Old 07-26-2004, 09:25 AM
Contributors

What is an e-brake?
Old 07-26-2004, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Emergency Brake. The handle next to the I drive is the way to engage it. Mostly cald parking brake or something.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:39 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Jul 26 2004, 07:29 PM
Emergency Brake. The handle next to the I drive is the way to engage it. Mostly cald parking brake or something.
Fo shizzle my nizzle. Sorry for the US Slang Flowerfred.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:40 AM
Contributors

Emergency brake?!

Never heard it called that before. Is that for if you want to create an emergency? Pull it up while doing 160?

I've always known it as the hand brake. Thanks for the answer anyway.
Old 07-26-2004, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Jul 26 2004, 07:40 PM
Emergency brake?!

Never heard it called that before. Is that for if you want to create an emergency? Pull it up while doing 160?

I've always known it as the hand brake. Thanks for the answer anyway.
Well, half of the US cannot drive. So when you have to slam on brakes, it helps to pull the parking brake, hence e-brake. As well, teh cheap people use the e-brake as a regular brake becuae they are to cheap to put new brakes on the car. Since the US is practically the land of automatics it is rarely used as a parking brake.

Quick Reply: Car arrived today!