Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Can you order your 5er with the M-Kit from the factory?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2006, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

as to the cost I would say that finding a good body shop to install it and buying the parts on your own (e-bay, or good dealer+discount) is the best way since factory order is impossible in the US.... this way is definitely the cheapest IMHO. yeah ok but little more time consuming....
$2400 just for the unpanted parts? that is ridiculous

hey what about Euro Delivery? Can't the car be ordered with M-tech and picked up in Germany???
Old 02-07-2006, 02:09 PM
Members

Here in Europe, the M-sport Package is a good bargain : if you are a dynamic driver, liking a car that looks sporty, it's for you ! M-Sport suspension (stiffer & lower), special paint (f.i. carbon-schwarz), M-Sport steering wheel, antrasithe roof sky, sport seats, styling 135M 18' wheels, ... and you get the aerodynamics (front + rear spoiler & lateral skirts) for less than 1.500 $ !!
Old 02-07-2006, 05:41 PM
Members

Don't know the deal behind my 550 was, whether someone ordered it and didn't want or the dealer ordered it to show; but it came w/ M kit and rear spoiler. The kit was listed as an added accessory, not on the original sticker.
Old 02-07-2006, 06:31 PM
Contributors

Was wondering: If you order the M-Aero kit and have it installed at the VPC, is the car shipped over without the stock bumpers? If not, what happens to the original bumpers? Do you get a credit? Aside from having the VPC do the M install with probably better and more experienced results, wouldn't it be more cost effective to order the kit separately after the car is delivered and have two sets of bumpers and save on the added DMV license fees to boot?
Old 02-07-2006, 06:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by E1142860' post='236548' date='Feb 7 2006, 07:31 PM
Was wondering: If you order the M-Aero kit and have it installed at the VPC, is the car shipped over without the stock bumpers? If not, what happens to the original bumpers? Do you get a credit? Aside from having the VPC do the M install with probably better and more experienced results, wouldn't it be more cost effective to order the kit separately after the car is delivered and have two sets of bumpers and save on the added DMV license fees to boot?

$2400 is the invoice for Part, VDC paint, and VDC install. Thats what the dealer gets charged... So if the dealer makes $0 off that option it'll be $2400 to you.

The car still comes with the OEM bumpers and side skits isntalled. The deal for VDC install is that they get to keep your old set of bumpers... so you do not get them back. As for Credit its already credit into the price... so you dont get any additonal credits.

If you order it after you get your car and have your dealer paint and install it or any other body shop you'll get to keep your OEM bumpers. Like me. Click the red part of my SIG below.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:15 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Oh and as for cost effectivness... Say the VDC install is $2600... dealer has to make somthing unless you're really good in talking them into it so I give them $200 profit.

Part for the kit is $1280 at Crevier assuming you're close enough to Crevier and can get it installed there. My dealer chaged me $1352. And for the hassel and such $1352 vs $1280 eh... not a big deal... I wasnt going to buy it from one palce and lug it to another. I'm guessing paint and install at the dealer will be $1500-ish, might be more, mine was more. Other good body shops can get it done for $1000. I've heard of $800 before too but I dunno... I'll have to see their work to trust that. Dealer at least I know I can go back to them if theres a problem and if THERE is a problem later I can go DUDE YOU installed it... so YOU fix it. Less Hassle. Plus if they broke a part and need to re-order theres no problem... like mine one of my Fog Lights that came with the kit, the reflective part was dis-colored they re-oredered another piece w/out any problems.

So if you get the EVER BEST DEAL it'll roughly be $3-4-500 more if you get it done at the dealer isntead of the VDC but you do get to keep your OEM parts.

I did not get such a good deal... no negotiating room when I got the M-Kit as it "just" became available in the US when I got it.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:09 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

Originally Posted by Peter530i' post='236374' date='Feb 7 2006, 04:53 PM
hey what about Euro Delivery? Can't the car be ordered with M-tech and picked up in Germany???
Nope. When you do ED, the car must be 100% stock when it gets on the ship for the US. They will take off any accessories you put on.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:23 PM
Members

The dealer was asking $3400 for the M kit and spoiler for my car. I didn't think they can ask more than that since AMG kit on E-class gets you wheels too for about $1k more.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:28 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by RH550' post='236585' date='Feb 7 2006, 09:23 PM
The dealer was asking $3400 for the M kit and spoiler for my car. I didn't think they can ask more than that since AMG kit on E-class gets you wheels too for about $1k more.

For VDC install or? As far as I know the kit doenst come with the rear spoiler... so that would be an extra $400 on top of the pricing I quoted.
Old 02-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

$3400 just for the parts? That would be a huge rip off since MSRP on the kit is only $1680.

Quick Reply: Can you order your 5er with the M-Kit from the factory?