Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Brought my car in this morning for

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 01:58 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

I tweaks your I-Drive in a version that "should" have less problems.. but seeing the number of posts of people that have more problems after an update isn't very positive for me. I hope it will help for most of my problems.
Old 09-01-2004, 05:40 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 1 2004, 11:33 AM
If they do the software update with the newest technology it doesn't take more than 4-6 hours.
Iceman, can you give me any other information on this? What is the "new" way called? I have the cell phone # of the tech that is working on my auto (currently in the shop), and I'm not afraid to call him and inquire.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

The old fashioned way is through the OBC.
The ppl at bmw worked hard to ensure that the software upload is done in less than 4 hours, so if you dealer tells you more than that he did not bought the last technology in car updating ( it's called OPPS and speeds up software upload seriously by connecting directly to the fiber optical network in your car).

But maybe he just told you he needs that long, because he wants to be on the safe side... That's what my dealer allways tells me... When I then tell him how long it is according to BMW he starts smiling and says that it's right, but only if no problem occurs during the process. So he tells me it takes a day, so that I can come back in the evening and don't have any problems. If he would tell me four hours and they experience problems I might be on my way allready when he calls to tell me that it takes longer. So I would lose more time... That's why he allways tells me it takes a day!
Old 09-02-2004, 04:49 AM
Contributors

It is probably best to give worst case time just in case and it can help keep the customer off their back so they can work and not be bothered.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:09 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Yep. I would be really mad at them if they tell me four hours and when I am back in four hours they tell me that they have some trouble and need more time. When they tell me they need one day I don't have any problems and know that they'll get it done. They know that I know how long it takes, so they will get it done asap.
Old 09-02-2004, 05:20 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Sep 2 2004, 07:09 AM
They know that I know how long it takes, so they will get it done asap.
Thanks for the info Iceman, as usual, it seems we here at E60.net know more than most dealers!

Knowledge is Power!
Old 09-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Well I got my car back. Theyre gonna contact bmw netherlands to ask them to give me 4 new tires because they stay unbalanced after multiple tries. What a few bottles of wine here and there can accomplish

The way I am treated now is even better then before and it was already very good!

Furthermore the software was updated. I lost all my settings and the bleutooth connection with the car. Together with the tech I put all my settings back so that is no problem at all. I asked him about the software version he told me he would check it and tell me but I forgat to ask him when I left. So next time I'll ask again.

Took the car out made a drive to my office to pick up some stuff, got back in the car and...... No CD sound or nothing.. Changed from the single slot cd to the changer and back and the sound came back on.. aaaarggh.. The rightside movement of the I-Drive is working much better now although sometimes it still doesn't want to do it but it is much better.

Only thing that is strange is that I put the rightpart of the pronav on the mapview and when I get back in the car it put it back in the computer setting.. Maybe this was a one time fling.

We'll see what the new version brings me. For now it's okay.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:20 AM
Contributors

BTW the I-Drive hanging was caused by a bluetooth interferance problem (according to the car's fault system) my dealer told me. By giving me a newer software version this should (and I repeat should) be solved.