Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Brought my car in this morning for

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2004, 07:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

When I just called them to ask when I could pick it up they told me they don't get it finished today due to the software being updated.. How long does this take?? They had the car for 10 hours.. I hope this is not going to be the story of my new car's life because in the past 11 days my car has been in the shop for 3 days and if I don't get it tomorrow it will be 4 out of 12!!! grrrrr.. This really sucks! :thumbsdown:
Old 09-01-2004, 07:39 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I've never done the software update, but other posts have talked about 12 hours to do the update. Whatever the number, it is clearly not just a 1 or 2 hour job.
Old 09-01-2004, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

If they do the software update with the newest technology it doesn't take more than 4-6 hours.
If they do it the old fashioned way it takes up to 16 hours.
They allways tell you it takes longer, because sometimes they need to restart the updating routine.
It's basically an upload with an installation and after that the system goes thru a check routine. If there is anything wrong, they start it over with uploading again...
So if an error occurs it takes longer...
Old 09-01-2004, 12:23 PM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

The techrep told me they needed to do everything by hand or something and that was why it was taking so long.

I also asked the s/w version to check with you guys... Maybe we should have a thread in the FAQ wich software version is the newest or something. Anytime somebody has a newer version it can be posted there.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:32 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 1 2004, 10:23 PM
The techrep told me they needed to do everything by hand or something and that was why it was taking so long.
Dealer-BS.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:34 PM
Senior Members

last week: my wife dropped the car off at 9:15, probably actually left the place at 9:45...

14:15 they called: oil change, checkup, s/w update & requested tweaks managed as well as 4 or 5 other bits investigated (and parts ordered)

so, assuming fleetness of foot that is under 4 1/2 hours, all-in (dealer: CooperBMW Thames-Ditton)
Old 09-01-2004, 01:37 PM
Contributors

They had to balance my wheels again (for the third time aaargh). So maybe they did that first and tried to update at 1 pm.. I needed the car at 4 to go home so I took my loaner (a 318 coupe again).

Tonight I visited some clients in the center of The Hague.. It took me 45 minutes to get there wich normally is a 20 minute drive.. aaargh. no navigation, no maps no nothing in the damn car... It sucks!!! I want my own car back!!
Old 09-01-2004, 01:43 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530E60NL' date='Sep 1 2004, 03:37 PM
They had to balance my wheels again (for the third time aaargh). So maybe they did that first and tried to update at 1 pm.. I needed the car at 4 to go home so I took my loaner (a 318 coupe again).

Tonight I visited some clients in the center of The Hague.. It took me 45 minutes to get there wich normally is a 20 minute drive.. aaargh. no navigation, no maps no nothing in the damn car... It sucks!!! I want my own car back!!
- wheel balancing: your cost or theirs? how much? i asked about the geometry and he told me ?200. if it is needed i believe my lease coverage handles it (but i'll certainly be looking into it before i make that choice!)
Old 09-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Contributors

Their cost.. For the first month I can complain and they will claim it with BMW netherlands who will pay for it.. My steeringwheel is 2mms of to the right and I might complain about that too to get it centered. But hey, don't fix it if it ain't broke.. and the more I bring the car in the more problems I get.

Since a few days I've got the squicky seats too when Accelarating or Braking..
Old 09-01-2004, 01:57 PM
Members

What does the software upgrade do? Please tell me it tweaks the engine or suspension or something cool like that =).

Quick Reply: Brought my car in this morning for