Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Bob Smith Service appointment

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 08:59 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Sam, I don't condone the treatment you got. But I use the same dealership and the same SA assuming we are talking about Irene. And she uses JT as her main mechanic, especially for software upgrades. They may have been sick and somehow the ball got dropped. It happens. In your case you were ridiculously optimistic. 2 days, software upgrade plus the list you gave them?

I bought my car from them. It makes no difference to your service advisor how many cars you bought. Thats what the salesman and sales manager are interested in every time your loan or lease is up. No you don't have to tip anyone but its all about building relationships. Once my car was delivered, its out of the sales department and in the hands of my service advisor. Yes the shop foreman Gio, my service advisor Irene and my mechanic JT have all received bottles from me. I visit them every 6,000 miles, they all know me, will talk to me, discuss software versions mods, solutions, etc. Irene plans each visit with me to ensure that I have atleast a 3 series or an X3 as a loaner. She calls me regularly when working on my car with an update and always returns a very well washed car to me.

Read the posts on this forum about dealerships who have no clue what they are doing. About software upgrades that have taken 2 weeks, bluetooth retrofits that dealerships charge $700 for or just say cannot be done. I recomended the team to Beewang who got the BT fit, they did take a couple of extra days as they ran into problems but did not charge him as it was an 05. They did not sell him the car. They are large enough that they seem have the respect of BMWNA and hence can justify whatever they want as a reasonable warranty claim.

I took the Pharding thread to Gio. He looked up the bulletins and charged me 1 hour for a suucessful retrofit. JT did the work, it was a first for the dealership (probably the first in Southern california since it was 5 days after pharding got his done). JT tested his work by pairing his own phone to the car.

This dealership goes the extra mile for and I strongly recommend them to anyone in the neighborhood. Shoot, they even put in my red reflectors, and wooden gear shift for me at no charge.
Old 02-01-2005, 09:30 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

Maybe you guys can put in a good word for me next time I'm there!