Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Bob Smith Service appointment

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2005, 09:32 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550i Sport Carbon Black with Black Nasca Leather Sport Auto Transmission Active Steering Comfort Access Bamboo Anthracite wood trim Power Rear Sunshades Ventilated Seats Ipod adapter Nav Sat Premium Sound

I dropped my car off early Friday morning at Bob Smith BMW for SW update, oil change, squeaking brakes, door seals creak, pass airbag malfunction, horn does not work, transmission slipping... They give me an X3 to drive and I'm guessing a couple of days? I call my SA Friday afternoon and she tells me Tuesday! Service is open on Sat and still Tuesday? I call Monday to get status and my SA has the day off! And so does the mechanic for my car! So no work done on my car Sat and Monday at all! I talked to the service mgr and he states he doesn't know any status because my SA has all the info and she is off! How retarded? Why didn't my SA tell me she would be off Monday and no work would be done? I would have brought my car in Tuesday morning for service instead of Friday! I really cannot tolerate how stupid this dealership is. I also referred my girlfriend and 2 friends to this dealership for new cars last year and this is how they treat me!
Old 02-01-2005, 10:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Take it easy, just bring to another dealer for service the next time.. I had a similar problem as you too, and i was given a worst loaner car than you..
Old 02-01-2005, 10:37 AM
Members

My Ride: 03 Honda RC51 03 Toyota Tacoma

That would be why our techs here work 5 days a week and our techs are on teams. If for some reason the tech thats working on a car has to be off, someone on his team knows whats going on with the car.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Hey, Sam quit complaning, at least you got a loaner car. Your truly had to hike down the parkway calabasas until my wife showed up.

These SW programming is a real PITA to do. Its not a slamm dunk thing like you think

Give Irene a break dude..

beewang
Old 02-01-2005, 11:08 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just don't think about it and you're ok.
Old 02-01-2005, 01:22 PM
Members

My Ride: 530D SE Touring, Titanium Grey, 122 Wheels, Pro Nav, Pro Phone, Pro Radio, Advanced Air, 6 Disc Autochanger, Dakota Black Leather, Auto, Panoramic Sunroof, De chrome, mats, Bi-xenons, PDC, Service inclusive and Tracker.

My wifes 530d E61 went in for the same on Friday morning and did not arrive back until the following Friday! Software update and cd player repair! They finally on Tuesday loaned us a Toyota Corolla! An X3 would have been a dream to have.
They dropped off the 530 on Friday afternoon but the hire car company could not collect the Corolla until Monday. They then charged me for the weekend rental on the hire car.
What a great ownership experience. They already had it for 3 days 2 weeks before but could not do the SW update before we needed the car back. My wife has to go out once a week!

How lucky were you?
Old 02-01-2005, 01:25 PM
Contributors

I used to have that problem also. I ended up just tipping my SA a hundred bucks just before Christmas (during the Bluetooth fiasco on my car).

Since then, I've gotten my phone calls and emails returned almost immediately, AND when I went in last Thurs for my oil change and SAT install (and was goign to have AUX Input), I got the car back within a couple of hours. That's never happened before. Plus I got a nicer car than mine as the loaner.

James
Old 02-01-2005, 01:48 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

I grease my SA up w/ wines and the tech w/ bier.

same result

beewang
Old 02-01-2005, 02:08 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by beewang' date='Feb 1 2005, 06:48 PM
I grease my SA up w/ wines and the tech w/ bier.

I'd prefer to give cash. That way I can drink my wine and beer....
Old 02-01-2005, 03:31 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Feb 1 2005, 06:08 PM
[quote name='beewang' date='Feb 1 2005, 06:48 PM']I grease my SA up w/ wines and the tech w/ bier.

I'd prefer to give cash. That way I can drink my wine and beer....
[snapback]85803[/snapback]
[/quote]

Do we really have to tip our SA ?

Quick Reply: Bob Smith Service appointment