Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW's Free Maintainence

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 05:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='514290' date='Jan 6 2008, 08:25 AM
For openers I take exception to being called "stupid".

Second, my response has NOTHING to do with the value of the oil and EVERYTHING to do with the terms of the contract between the seller and the purchaser - in this case the contract is the "BMW Warranty".

Pay attention - the devil is in the details! No further reply is necessary - the matter, for me, is closed .
Well, if you are really to pay attention to the details, you will see that the "BMW Warranty" has nothing to do with oil or maintenance.

And for the record, I didn?t call you "stupid" either. There is a big difference (since this has to be explained) between an adjective applied to a thought and an adjective applied to a person.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:02 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

Originally Posted by jochet' post='514083' date='Jan 5 2008, 06:05 PM
I'm out crusing around in my 2007 4.8 X5 which now has 7000 miles on it when the oil light comes on informing me I'm down a quart; since I was not to far from a dealership, I decided to stop.

To my amazement, the guy at the customer service counter after checking with the service manager advised me that the quart of oil was NOT covered, but if I went to their parts dept and purchased the oil, they would put it in for me. I said to this guy, "your kidding right" so I waited for the their serivce manager to finish up what he was doing to speak with me. I was not amused especially when the manager confirmed this; can this be true? BMWNA will only cover scheduled oil sevices, but will not top off fluids.

I would love to hear your experiances
My guy even changes the windshield wipers when I bring it in and washes the car.
Old 01-06-2008, 06:30 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='514318' date='Jan 6 2008, 10:02 AM
My guy even changes the windshield wipers when I bring it in and washes the car.
Ja, mine also. You or the SA actually would just have to indicate a problem and they are covered. I?ve been told my wipers had a problem several times (without my asking) and that they had to replace them.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='514123' date='Jan 5 2008, 07:33 PM
I agree that honey usually works better than vinegar. But if I were doing business with a dealer who saw a $4 quart of oil standing between customer satisfaction and dissatisfaction I'll bet the dealership GM wants to know about it! If that's not the case I'd be looking for a new dealership.

If that comes across as "attitude" so be it.

The fact is that I've been treated very fairly by two area BMW dealers ... And it's not because I buy or lease two BMW's every 2-5 years. It's because they know the value of a BMW guy who carries a positive attitude about their sales and service operations and know they can count on me just as I know I can count on them when little issues pop up.
And what 2 dealers are they ?
cheers
vern
Old 01-06-2008, 08:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by jochet' post='514083' date='Jan 5 2008, 06:05 PM
I would love to hear your experiances
I have been to two dealers with low oil complaints, both were great.

Swope BMW in Louisville (my home dealer) has added oil a couple times, always reassuring it was not a big deal. No charge, of course.

Even better was when I was once out of town in Indianapolis and the oil light came on. I called Swope to find out what kind of oil to buy, and they said to simply go to Dreyer & Reinbold, the dealer in Indianapolis. I drove in with no appointment, and they hustled out 2 quarts of oil to me from the parts department - free - and then walked out and added it for me, giving me a free third quart to take if the car was low again while travelling.

I couldnt ask for better Free Maintenance service.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:33 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

Originally Posted by luigi524td' post='514089' date='Jan 5 2008, 06:23 PM
But, I'd ask the service manager if his dealership is willing to risk the cost of a court appearance anyway.
PS...

And everyone thinks it the lawyers that are sue happy....LOL. Trust me, you catch far more flies with sugar than vinegar.

I would suggest saving the sword rattling for another time...
Old 01-06-2008, 09:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by lawguy' post='514367' date='Jan 6 2008, 12:33 PM
PS...

And everyone thinks it the lawyers that are sue happy....LOL. Trust me, you catch far more flies with sugar than vinegar.

I would suggest saving the sword rattling for another time...
Along with Service Department bashing

Old 01-06-2008, 09:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by vern' post='514360' date='Jan 6 2008, 12:21 PM
And what 2 dealers are they ?
cheers
vern
PM'ed
Old 01-06-2008, 10:07 AM
ObD
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 535i 6MT

IIRC, top off's are not part of the maintenance agreement if you read the fine print. If anyone is getting them for free the dealer is comping you gratis. If your not happy complain to a higher authority at the dealership. The free maintenance is just a marketing tool. See it for what it is.
Old 01-06-2008, 12:40 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by ObD' post='514403' date='Jan 6 2008, 11:07 AM
IIRC, top off's are not part of the maintenance agreement if you read the fine print.
I cant seem to find that... this is what I found...

Footnote
* The BMW Maintenance Program covers all factory-recommended maintenance on all model year 2006 vehicles and newer vehicles, as determined by the Service Level Indicator, for four years or 50,000 miles, whichever comes first. Exclusions from coverage: gasoline, gasoline additives, windshield washer additives, tires, wheels, wheel alignment, tire balancing and rotation.

So if the iDrive "Service Level Indicator" says it needs a quart of oil I would think thats covered...

HAHAHAH they specifically said it doenst cover gasoline... LOL I wonder if someone tried to argue that point... in order to keep the car maintained and operational I need GASOLINE!

Quick Reply: BMW's Free Maintainence