Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Maintenance Programs remains core part of BMW's strategy

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='283180' date='May 16 2006, 12:15 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. There have been some rumors on BMWs Maintenance Plan and we?d like to dissipate your concerns.

BMW is the only manufacturer still offering bumper-to-bumper free maintenance along with a 4 Year/50,000 mile Warranty and will continue to do so.

Any authorized BMW center in the United States or Puerto Rico will perform the scheduled maintenance services on your vehicle at no expense to you. BMW's maintenance program intervals are based on normal driving conditions and operation of the vehicle. The car monitors wear and tear via an electronic system. Your BMW will notify you when the service is needed.

BMW centers offer their customers Maintenance Program upgrades on qualified Model Year 2003 - 06 vehicles that are still within their original Maintenance Program coverage. This upgrade extends the Program from its original 4-year/50,000-mile coverage to 6 years/100,000 miles.

If you want to learn more about the Full Maintenance Program or about the Maintenance Program Upgrade, you can contact us at (800) 831-1117, visit our webs or visit your local BMW Center.
Ahhh!!! I figured out why we received this post. So I'm driving down the street in my new 530xi and I hear a new BMW radio spot touting the BMW Maintenace Plan. Not that we don't appreciate BMW coming to the forums but my bet is its a little grass roots marketing to couple with their radio ads!
Old 05-18-2006, 07:21 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kmslo530i' post='284189' date='May 18 2006, 09:14 AM
This is one of the reasons I can't see spending money to extend my factory warranty. Too many software related bugs/fixes, and if software is excluded from coverage, what good is that? I feel your irritation.....
Well, like they say, be careful what you wish for. If your software is working fine and you have no issues, it might be better off not to ask for one since I have heard of people having issues show up after the upgrade.

Anyway, my SA's explanation is that software upgrades even in the warranty period are done only if you go in with a problem and the service bulletin says that the problem will be fixed with a software upgrade. Otherwise, you remain with the old software version.

Sounds logical to me. Why get a patch if you dont need one!!
Old 08-08-2006, 01:12 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530xiT, Sep. 2005 build, silver gray/gray/black anthracite, Steptronic, Premium, Premium Sound, NAV, PDC.
Model Year: 2006

Some months ago when I checked the BMWUSA web site, I found an extended Maintenance Plan for our cars for about $1700. I stress it was a Maintenance Program upgrade - i.e. some more oil changes, brake job, etc. - not an extended warranty. This was proved by reading closely a list of coverages and the much longer list of exclusions, which included many things you would expect a warranty to cover. I cannot now find this anywhere on the site. Maybe they've upgraded the upgrades. You'd think they could make this info avaiable on line. The fact that they don't suggests they want to rope you in, give you a big sales pitch just like any insurance salesman, and then you'll later find out what it doesn't cover.
Old 09-10-2006, 07:17 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Mr.PC' post='320333' date='Aug 8 2006, 04:12 PM
Some months ago when I checked the BMWUSA web site, I found an extended Maintenance Plan for our cars for about $1700. I stress it was a Maintenance Program upgrade - i.e. some more oil changes, brake job, etc. - not an extended warranty. This was proved by reading closely a list of coverages and the much longer list of exclusions, which included many things you would expect a warranty to cover. I cannot now find this anywhere on the site. Maybe they've upgraded the upgrades. You'd think they could make this info avaiable on line. The fact that they don't suggests they want to rope you in, give you a big sales pitch just like any insurance salesman, and then you'll later find out what it doesn't cover.
I think they don't want people to be able to add the number $1700 for maintenance plus $2800 for warranty extension and realilze it is $4500. I'm at end of lease and opted to just extend the warranty. Between the two, most things are covered, the exclusions are listed on BMWusa.com site under Certified Pre-Owned BMW Limited Warranty. Even though the program I'm referring to is for existing owners it is the same coverage as Certified Pre-Owned. It extends the warranty out another 2 years / 50,000 miles. I'm now good untill 1/7/2010.
Old 10-07-2006, 12:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations' post='283180' date='May 16 2006, 05:15 PM
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. There have been some rumors on BMWs Maintenance Plan and we’d like to dissipate your concerns.

BMW is the only manufacturer still offering bumper-to-bumper free maintenance along with a 4 Year/50,000 mile Warranty and will continue to do so.

Any authorized BMW center in the United States or Puerto Rico will perform the scheduled maintenance services on your vehicle at no expense to you. BMW's maintenance program intervals are based on normal driving conditions and operation of the vehicle. The car monitors wear and tear via an electronic system. Your BMW will notify you when the service is needed.

BMW centers offer their customers Maintenance Program upgrades on qualified Model Year 2003 - 06 vehicles that are still within their original Maintenance Program coverage. This upgrade extends the Program from its original 4-year/50,000-mile coverage to 6 years/100,000 miles.

If you want to learn more about the Full Maintenance Program or about the Maintenance Program Upgrade, you can contact us at (800) 831-1117, visit our webs or visit your local BMW Center.
Thank you for contributing to the best Forum for the E60!

My question comes from US spec cars sold by Military Sales but covered by the local warranty. If it is US spec why isn't the car covered by the US program? I'm told there is no coordination over the car until it is entered in to a US BMW service center. We lose 2 years of coverage. I asked at my local BMW dealer about extending the 2 year warranty. They have something called Euro Plus. The extended Warranty covers only parts and labor, not diagnostics. As one that has experienced more than my share of trouble with my first BMW I can only imagine what it would cost to have the problems my car had figured out. Some items they still have not figured out. I have traded the car for a new 550 simply to get rid of the agrivation.

I do understand if my new car comes back to the States during the first 4 years it would be covered but why not cover it here? Thanks in advance for responding.