Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Maintenance Programs remains core part of BMW's strategy

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 08:15 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. There have been some rumors on BMWs Maintenance Plan and we?d like to dissipate your concerns.

BMW is the only manufacturer still offering bumper-to-bumper free maintenance along with a 4 Year/50,000 mile Warranty and will continue to do so.

Any authorized BMW center in the United States or Puerto Rico will perform the scheduled maintenance services on your vehicle at no expense to you. BMW's maintenance program intervals are based on normal driving conditions and operation of the vehicle. The car monitors wear and tear via an electronic system. Your BMW will notify you when the service is needed.

BMW centers offer their customers Maintenance Program upgrades on qualified Model Year 2003 - 06 vehicles that are still within their original Maintenance Program coverage. This upgrade extends the Program from its original 4-year/50,000-mile coverage to 6 years/100,000 miles.

If you want to learn more about the Full Maintenance Program or about the Maintenance Program Upgrade, you can contact us at (800) 831-1117, visit our webs or visit your local BMW Center.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

We appreciate your being here. One question, if a client feels that they need to have maintence done on their car earlier then what BMW dealer/service schedule recommends, what are the options we have?

For instance, a lot of us want to get our oil changed more frequently then what BMW calls for. Is that always going to be an out of pocket expense for the client or is this something that will be left up to the indiviudal BMW dealer/service dept?

Thanks in advance for your time.
Old 05-16-2006, 08:49 AM
Contributors

wmbiii:
My experience, you pay if you want a service prior to the "service indicator" schedule. I was at the dealer for some error message and the oil service was in 400 miles. The dealer would not service under BMW plan, I would have to pay. Anybody have a dealer that shows some flexibility?
Old 05-16-2006, 09:39 AM
Members

Yes; Some flexibily. I was not putting enough miles on my E36 M3 or E39 M5 to get the oil change indicator to complete the cycle. The dealer changed the oil on a yearly basis regardless of the mileage & reset the indicator. Also at year 2 the brake system was flushed per BMW guileline. This is usually covered under inspection one. Some of the maintenance items are time based as well as based on the indictator program. I pointed these out to the dealier in the maintenance guideline. I had no issue having the dealer do this routine maintenance under the US maintenance contract.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with Sport Pkg, Nav, HUD, Cold Weather Pkg, Rear Shades

Same here. My car is about 16 months old with only 7300 miles on it. The dealer changed the oil based on recommendation that it be done at least once a year.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:46 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Was not the case on my 2002 e46 530i. If I wanted it done, I had to beg for it and except one time, had to pay. I averaged 7500 miles/year on that car for first couple years.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ya I like the free maintenance but it is rather LONG and I really dont get much out of it, I guess thats my problem huh?

Doesnt seem like BMW really does much the first 45K miles anyways... oil and filter changes only!!! Oh ya... and a brake flush.

Brakes... ya... if you actually use that much. Wipers... eh... few bucks. Sounds good on books. I still like it tho.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:43 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Thanks BMW NA Customer Relations for your participation in this forum and for keeping us informed about BMW's commitment to the maintenance plan offered in the USA.

As a customer who generally leases BMW's on a three year basis, it's nice to know that I won't have too many additional out-of-pocket expenses during my lease term.
Old 05-16-2006, 04:47 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' post='283384' date='May 16 2006, 05:34 PM
Ya I like the free maintenance but it is rather LONG and I really dont get much out of it, I guess thats my problem huh?

Doesnt seem like BMW really does much the first 45K miles anyways... oil and filter changes only!!! Oh ya... and a brake flush.

Brakes... ya... if you actually use that much. Wipers... eh... few bucks. Sounds good on books. I still like it tho.

I have to say they do a fair amount, honestly. I received 2 oil changes, new front brakes *CHA CHING*, coming up on rears in 2k miles. Also, Micro in cabin air filters, which I might add you can't get ANYWHERE. And of course the simple stuff like wipers.

Also, I believe the scheduled maintenance has to give you an oil change either 15k miles or 12 months. Correct me if I'm wrong

*EDIT* Does the extension of this program from 4 to 6 years cost anything extra?
Old 05-16-2006, 07:24 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Rudy' post='283390' date='May 16 2006, 08:43 PM
Thanks BMW NA Customer Relations for your participation in this forum and for keeping us informed about BMW's commitment to the maintenance plan offered in the USA.
Yes... very cool to see you on here. How many companies visit these forums?

Quick Reply: BMW Maintenance Programs remains core part of BMW's strategy