Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW dealers really really blows

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 08:16 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GER_545SMG' date='Feb 4 2005, 06:11 PM
[quote name='marty530d' date='Feb 4 2005, 03:12 PM']:'( And i though my dealer was bad? :'(
[snapback]86863[/snapback]
Do you have documentation proving it would be sold at MSRP? I've never seen a dealer do this, only give a receipt for your deposit. It is up to the dealer whether they will sell it to you at MSRP or not.
[snapback]86937[/snapback]
[/quote]

on my deposit receipt. it clearly states that the deposit was for a 05, 06 M5 at MSRP.

Therefore, by accepting the deposit, the dealer entered valid contract with me.

Hence, what they are pulling right now is illegal.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:00 AM
Members

My Ride: MY 2004 545i; April build; 6 speed; silver grey metalic; black leather; poplar; sport package; cold weather; active steering; xenons .

Originally Posted by krispykreme' date='Feb 4 2005, 03:52 PM
I was just following up with my M5 deposit that i had placed over a year ago.

My dealer at that time was happy to get a good amount deposit and put me on the wait list and sell at MSRP.

The same dealer told me today after my follow up that my deposit is no longer valid.? That the M5 is going to be sold to the highest bidder.? No waitlist will be honored.

WTF, so they are happy to take my deposit and earn interest on it for over a freaking year.? Now they want to skin the cow even more by unilaterally change the agreement when the deposit was placed.

I HATE BMW DEALERS.? BMWNA IS CLULESS NOR HELPFUL.? BMW dealers screwed me in 2001 when i was buying my 530i.? They are screwing me again.?

Within last 16 months, I bought 4 mercedes including at the time hard to order E55.? I don't see mercedes dealer stating my freaking deposit is no longer valid.? MBUSA controls their dealership much better and provided much better service.

When is BMW going to learn that soon or later customer is going to leave if they continue to stab their loyal customer in the back.

The car itself is great.? BUT SERVICE AND CUSTOMER RELATION REALLY TAKES BACK SEAT TO MB/LEXUS.

If i don't get the car per the wait list spot that was agreed on, I am going to get a lawyer and put both BMW NA and the dealer on their ass.?

Sometime I really think BMW really needs to get kick themselves in the rear and get in shape.? M5 is great.? But not great enough for customer to be jerked around.

This is not like 2000, in which there is no competition.? As much as I like the M5, i will not be taken advantage of by crappy dealers and lousy BMWNA.?

The new RS6 with Lambo V10 looks mightly nice with DSG.? If this is the way BMW going to treat a loyal customer, I am going to take my money to Audi/mercedes.

At least, they won't screw you over and have customer begging for cars.
[snapback]86805[/snapback]
Buy the car and sue them for the difference between the amount you paid and the amount you would have paid had they honored their contract to sell you the car at MSRP. They clearly breached. Your check is all the evidence you should need.
Old 02-08-2005, 02:48 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Yes i'm sure you are able to sue them! Now i've got to reconsider twice before handing my deposit to my dealer for E90 m3/m4.. Thanks for sharing..