Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW dealers really really blows

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was just following up with my M5 deposit that i had placed over a year ago.

My dealer at that time was happy to get a good amount deposit and put me on the wait list and sell at MSRP.

The same dealer told me today after my follow up that my deposit is no longer valid. That the M5 is going to be sold to the highest bidder. No waitlist will be honored.

WTF, so they are happy to take my deposit and earn interest on it for over a freaking year. Now they want to skin the cow even more by unilaterally change the agreement when the deposit was placed.

I HATE BMW DEALERS. BMWNA IS CLULESS NOR HELPFUL. BMW dealers screwed me in 2001 when i was buying my 530i. They are screwing me again.

Within last 16 months, I bought 4 mercedes including at the time hard to order E55. I don't see mercedes dealer stating my freaking deposit is no longer valid. MBUSA controls their dealership much better and provided much better service.

When is BMW going to learn that soon or later customer is going to leave if they continue to stab their loyal customer in the back.

The car itself is great. BUT SERVICE AND CUSTOMER RELATION REALLY TAKES BACK SEAT TO MB/LEXUS.

If i don't get the car per the wait list spot that was agreed on, I am going to get a lawyer and put both BMW NA and the dealer on their ass.

Sometime I really think BMW really needs to get kick themselves in the rear and get in shape. M5 is great. But not great enough for customer to be jerked around.

This is not like 2000, in which there is no competition. As much as I like the M5, i will not be taken advantage of by crappy dealers and lousy BMWNA.

The new RS6 with Lambo V10 looks mightly nice with DSG. If this is the way BMW going to treat a loyal customer, I am going to take my money to Audi/mercedes.

At least, they won't screw you over and have customer begging for cars.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:20 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If that's true, go to a different dealer. Call BMWNA is kick their @ss.
Old 02-04-2005, 11:22 AM

All car dealers are there to make money of you or someone else and not to be your friend.

Business is business :bashwall:
Old 02-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 525i: Premium PKG, Automatic, Cold Weather PKG, Xenon Headlights, Sat Prep;
Thumbs up

Which dealer did this???? Or at least what city/state?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:30 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mikereyno' date='Feb 4 2005, 01:26 PM
Which dealer did this????? Or at least what city/state?
[snapback]86812[/snapback]
south cal. I don't want to go into further detail until BMW NA gets back to me on this.

I have a valid receipt of my deposit. I will sue both of them for breach of contract.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:35 PM

Do you have a contract with BMWNA?
Old 02-04-2005, 12:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

Is that legal?

Didn't you sign a contract when you placed the deposit? I just don't see how they can justify taking your money and then altering the deal like that.

Something is not right with this story.
Old 02-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Members

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' date='Feb 4 2005, 02:49 PM
Is that legal?

Didn't you sign a contract when you placed the deposit?? I just don't see how they can justify taking your money and then altering the deal like that.

Something is not right with this story.
[snapback]86848[/snapback]
No of course this is not legal.

This is what our beloved friend at BMW send me. I don't know when a dealer unilaterally changes a valid contract with deposit and keep my cash for over a year, and tell me that my deposit is not valid, i need to go pick up my check?

THIS IS FRAUD. I send a very strong word reply to BMW NA. Dealership may be indep. owned and operated. But BMW NA has control over the dealer, and has right to terminate the relationship if the dealer ship commits a crime. Which the xxxxx dealer did.

To wash their hand clean is BS. I told BMW, that if this is not resolved and my deposit and line in place is not guranteed, I WILL SUE FOR THE DAMAGE. I do have backup plan and the money involved is pennies to me. But the attitude of the dealer and BMW NA is lousy.

I will probably spend more money with no return on lawyer fees. But I will make both the dealer and BMW NA go to hell. If BMW NA IS NOT GOING TO CONTROL THEIR DEALERSHIP, then as a customer that has been frauded. I will take all legal means to bring this under control.

Dear Mr. Wu,

Thank you for contacting BMW of North America, LLC regarding your experience at XXXXXX BMW. On behalf of BMW, I apologize for any problems you had with
your BMW center. We sincerely appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

All of the authorized BMW sales centers are independently owned and operated.
Because of this, our centers determine the details of their own sales
transactions, including selling price and sales practices.

We appreciate your business, and your comments are very important to us. I
apologize that we cannot intervene on your behalf with regard to pricing at the
BMW center. If you have difficulties retrieving your money or any further
problems with XXXXXX BMW, please let us know.

I am sorry that we were not able to respond in a more positive manner. Please be
assured that your comments will be documented in order to improve our services.
If you have any further questions, please respond to this e-mail or contact the
Customer Relations and Services Department at 1-800-831-1117, Monday through
Friday from 9:00 A.M. to 9:00 P.M., Eastern Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Mollie Duncan
Customer Relations and Services
Representative
Old 02-04-2005, 01:12 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: GONE BUT NOT FOGOTTEN : 530d SE Auto : Titanium Grey / Anthracite Leather, Poplar Trim, 18in 123 Style Alloys, Adaptive Bi-Xenons, Business Nav, Hi-Fi Speaker Package, Heated seats, Split-Fold Rear Seats LR DISCO 3 HSE with everything (including 3 kids)

:'( And i though my dealer was bad :'(
Old 02-04-2005, 04:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by marty530d' date='Feb 4 2005, 03:12 PM
:'( And i though my dealer was bad? :'(
[snapback]86863[/snapback]
Do you have documentation proving it would be sold at MSRP? I've never seen a dealer do this, only give a receipt for your deposit. It is up to the dealer whether they will sell it to you at MSRP or not.

Quick Reply: BMW dealers really really blows