Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW competion

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2004, 02:10 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 BMW 525i

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 01:48 AM
It has nothing to do with the brand!

I went to 4 Los angeles BMW dealers before I bought my 545i.? Each one of them treated me with the same disdain that you were shown at the Acura dealer.? They are all independent businessess whose culture is a reflection of the upper management.

I bought from the 5th,? Bob Smith BMW in Calabassas.
[snapback]50607[/snapback]
Agreed
Old 10-30-2004, 03:49 AM
Contributors

Smile

Originally Posted by PNice972' date='Oct 29 2004, 04:10 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Oct 29 2004, 01:48 AM']It has nothing to do with the brand!

I went to 4 Los angeles BMW dealers before I bought my 545i.? Each one of them treated me with the same disdain that you were shown at the Acura dealer.? They are all independent businessess whose culture is a reflection of the upper management.

I bought from the 5th,? Bob Smith BMW in Calabassas.
[snapback]50607[/snapback]
Funny, as this is one of my pet peeves when looking at cars. Each dealership is different. I enjoy going in, dressed down, and seeing how I will be greeted. I have had my worst experience at the Local Cadillac dealership. Looked down upon and salespeople not being helpful. Again, I think it is the salesperson's approach and the culture of the dealership, more than anything else.

I went to Classic BMW in Richardson the first time to look at 5 series. This was about 3 months before I bought my 545i. There dealership is a bit confusing and I actually walked into the used car showroom. The salesman greeted me and I mentioned interest in the 545i. He immediately showed me a used one and said I should buy it. He didn't have any idea of the features the car had, spec or anything. One thing I dislike is having a salesperson who doesn't know the product. The guy even told me he couldn't get me a brochure as it was a hassle. I left very upset. I sent an long email to the salesmananger and never got a reply.

3 Months later, I went back with my wife. Made sure it was the new car section and asked for the #1 Salesman in New Cars. He was courteous, professional, and more importantly, knew something about the 5 series. I was offered a test drive in the 530i and the 545i. After that, I was sold and bought the car. This guy has been at the dealership for a long time. That helps too.

I am in sales myself and probably more critical of salespeople than most, but service is a big issue these days. It is nice to be treated right and makes a difference.

Regards,
Michael
Old 10-30-2004, 08:04 AM
Members

My two cents:

I've had/heard of similar experiences of not being waited on immediately when entering a dealership. I think it is just a trend in the industry to get away from the "pressure" sales tack. That is, allow you the ability to "window shop" with out being "hassled." When you are ready to deal with a saleman, you can always go to the receptionist and ask for assistance if someone has not come along and asked if he/she could assist. I actually like this approach.

Regards,
Woodbeast