5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Blown turbo at 96.000 kms ??... (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/blown-turbo-96-000-kms-26031/)

Tuga 05-26-2006 03:04 AM

Got the replace car today a 520dA.
What a big difference from mine 530d Manual...
I hope i will get mine next week.

Justin 05-28-2006 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='287443' date='May 25 2006, 02:40 AM
Yesterday i was supposed to get my car back ....

They called me and informed that 2 injectors and the turbo were replaced but they found out that the "pre catalisator" and the "catalisator" also have to be replaced.
So, one of the spare parts is arriving from Spain tomorrow and the other one will arrive from Germany next Tuesday (7 days, if no delays happen) ??!!!! What the hell is this ??....

I will keep driving my replace car .... Ford Focus TDCi .... i'm getting used to him .... maybe i will buy one.

And yesterday got to test drive a AUDI A6 3.0 TDI QUATTRO.... Wow... that Quattro system is really something ...
..... and find out that my 75.000 ? BMW is now rated around 45.000 ?, 40% lost in 2 years ..... i will go for the Ford Focus.....

Tuga,

This is exaxtly what I told you, becaouse your engine was running on pure oil from the turbo, your cats where damaged.

nuno21 05-28-2006 04:49 PM

hi.tuga sorry to ear.what bmw service do you use ?

skaffa 05-29-2006 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='287443' date='May 25 2006, 09:40 AM
..... and find out that my 75.000 ? BMW is now rated around 45.000 ?, 40% lost in 2 years ..... i will go for the Ford Focus.....

Cheaper cars don't have so big loose... :lol:

Skaffa

Tuga 05-29-2006 11:31 PM

I will go to the dealer today to get my car.
The 520dA is drinking more than my 530d. the computer shows around 10/10,5 liters and mine usually is around 8/9 liters at the same speeds...
And i can fell a strange sound coming from the steering/front suspension, it's increasing each day and the car has 4900 kms .... more of the same.... and some strange creeks from the drivers safety belt... and the interior dark colour was changed after one morning of my 2 years daughter using the car is more like light brown at the moment .... ah ah ah ah h

Tuga 05-30-2006 08:47 AM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='286005' date='May 22 2006, 03:51 AM
:angry:

Ok now i'm really angry with this car !

Yesterday went for a little drive near town, and then after a roundabout shifted from 2nd to 3rd pressed the gas to 2.500/3.000 rpms and the Horror movie started...

Car went like crazy the revs went to 5.000 rpms, a lot and i mean a LOT, of white/grey smoke, speed incresing, lots of noise from the engine, and i was in the middle of some cars...

Got to leave the main road to a secondary road and then managed to stop the car braking and keeping the 4th/5th gear...

Engine stopped, smoke from the exhaust, smoke from the front ....

Got the car towed to the dealer .... car is under warranty until 1 st June... i'm waiting for the info about the engine status.

75.000 ?, 530d, 1st June 2004, 96.000 kms and more than 30 days (in 23 months) stopped in the dealer to fix problems....

What the hell is this ....??

:thumbsdown:

Just called the dealer. Car isn't ready. They asked for plus 4 injectors.

Material replaced until now:

- 2 injectors;
- 1 turbo;
- 1 exhaust collector;
- Pre cat;
- Cat;
- 4 injectors.

The engine isn't working regular as it is supposed to, it's failling .... i think they aren't sure about what's failling ....

You know what ? This story is getting too strange for my taste .... when the car is ready ... bye bye.

Tuga 05-31-2006 02:12 AM

Driving the 520dA these last days remind how bad the RFT tires are !!!

It's not possible to compare the comfort, grip, noise of the RFT tires and the non RFT....

JWBMW 05-31-2006 03:58 AM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='289817' date='May 30 2006, 05:47 PM
Just called the dealer. Car isn't ready. They asked for plus 4 injectors.

Material replaced until now:

- 2 injectors;
- 1 turbo;
- 1 exhaust collector;
- Pre cat;
- Cat;
- 4 injectors.

The engine isn't working regular as it is supposed to, it's failling .... i think they aren't sure about what's failling ....

You know what ? This story is getting too strange for my taste .... when the car is ready ... bye bye.

Sounds like you should try bye bye to the dealer first before giving up on the car

Tuga 06-02-2006 08:22 AM

FRESH NEWS! :wacko:

All the new parts were replaced (turbo, 6 injectors, pre-cat, cat, admission parts, some tubes, engine management control unit...).

All installed, checked, computer diagnostic done, engine running one hour inside the repair shop. Everything OK ! Only necessary to do the road test during 10 kms, wash and car ready to go.
The problem was that during the road test ......... THE CAR WENT MAD AGAIN and everything was ......... smoke and a trouble to stop the car.
My wife was driving in the same road at the time the car was stopped and smoking, called me and i asked her to check what was the problem.
The same again ....

BMW ordered to replace the complete engine, another new turbo, pre cat, cat, high pressure fuel pump, ....... and a lot more of parts.

"We aren't taking any risks, everything will be brand new, by the time we finish the work your car engine will be just like a new one coming out from the factory in a new car...".

I'm waiting for that day ... anyone know a situation like this ? Complete new engine ? ........................ :blink:

Justin 06-02-2006 09:04 AM

Man... your car is haunted.......spooky

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='291601' date='Jun 2 2006, 11:22 AM
FRESH NEWS! :wacko:

All the new parts were replaced (turbo, 6 injectors, pre-cat, cat, admission parts, some tubes, engine management control unit...).

All installed, checked, computer diagnostic done, engine running one hour inside the repair shop. Everything OK ! Only necessary to do the road test during 10 kms, wash and car ready to go.
The problem was that during the road test ......... THE CAR WENT MAD AGAIN and everything was ......... smoke and a trouble to stop the car.
My wife was driving in the same road at the time the car was stopped and smoking, called me and i asked her to check what was the problem.
The same again ....

BMW ordered to replace the complete engine, another new turbo, pre cat, cat, high pressure fuel pump, ....... and a lot more of parts.

"We aren't taking any risks, everything will be brand new, by the time we finish the work your car engine will be just like a new one coming out from the factory in a new car...".

I'm waiting for that day ... anyone know a situation like this ? Complete new engine ? ........................ :blink: