5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Blown turbo at 96.000 kms ??... (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/blown-turbo-96-000-kms-26031/)

JWBMW 06-02-2006 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='291601' date='Jun 2 2006, 05:22 PM
FRESH NEWS! :wacko:

All the new parts were replaced (turbo, 6 injectors, pre-cat, cat, admission parts, some tubes, engine management control unit...).

All installed, checked, computer diagnostic done, engine running one hour inside the repair shop. Everything OK ! Only necessary to do the road test during 10 kms, wash and car ready to go.
The problem was that during the road test ......... THE CAR WENT MAD AGAIN and everything was ......... smoke and a trouble to stop the car.
My wife was driving in the same road at the time the car was stopped and smoking, called me and i asked her to check what was the problem.
The same again ....

BMW ordered to replace the complete engine, another new turbo, pre cat, cat, high pressure fuel pump, ....... and a lot more of parts.

"We aren't taking any risks, everything will be brand new, by the time we finish the work your car engine will be just like a new one coming out from the factory in a new car...".

I'm waiting for that day ... anyone know a situation like this ? Complete new engine ? ........................ :blink:

Absolutely sucks! Complain to BMW at country level about this awful performance and demand a new replacement car

Tuga 06-02-2006 01:39 PM

I'm keeping the replacemet car until my own car is ready to go.
I will be around 3 weeks without my car.
The question is that i'm a little afraid of keeping the car after repair.
The new E60 is gooing to be ready only in the end of next year and the new X5 isn't really my type of car. What car to choose ?
And loose around 30.000 ?/35.000 ? with the car i ordered to factory and waited for it 3 months ...
Damn ....
:nono:

needforspeed 06-05-2006 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='291736' date='Jun 2 2006, 10:39 PM
I'm keeping the replacemet car until my own car is ready to go.
I will be around 3 weeks without my car.
The question is that i'm a little afraid of keeping the car after repair.
The new E60 is gooing to be ready only in the end of next year and the new X5 isn't really my type of car. What car to choose ?
And loose around 30.000 ?/35.000 ? with the car i ordered to factory and waited for it 3 months ...
Damn ....
:nono:

I know it's a real bummer, but on the bright side you are INCREDIBLY lucky that this happened within the warranty period.

It sounds as if they are going to be doing at least ?6K of work.

Main problem I see is that your dealer seems to be a moron - is there anyone else who can deal with it?

sango 06-05-2006 06:52 AM

i supposed to keep your car...couse again all that parts will be under warranty ...and if anything gone bad ..dealer will replaced it again under warranty...

Tuga 06-19-2006 03:53 AM

Got the car back after 3 weeks.

New engine and no warranty right now.

What to do ? Keep it or sell it ? I'm not trusting the car anymore ....

Tuga 06-21-2006 12:06 AM

Believe if you want ....

Got the turbo changed yesterday because it was with problems, it was making a sound like a huge whistle....

And yes it was the new turbo only with 2.500 kms .....

What next ? :thumbsdown:

Tuga 01-26-2007 08:31 AM

123.000 kms ... Here i am again...... after some months without problems... got some faillure on the engine.
Engine completely failled. I was able to drive the car to the dealer... 3 days without the car.
Today i was informed that the particle filter i'ts damaged.... and has to be replaced (under warranty since the engine and the exhaust line are new)... i think it will better to sell it

Tuga 02-03-2007 03:28 AM

It was the particle filter that was damaged.

A new one and 7 days later i got my car back. No charges at all. Everything was brand new under BMW warranty.

nicke60gre 02-03-2007 03:54 AM

Originally Posted by Tuga' post='387087' date='Feb 3 2007, 02:28 PM
It was the particle filter that was damaged.

A new one and 7 days later i got my car back. No charges at all. Everything was brand new under BMW warranty.

Just unlucky firstly, but with a new engine under warranty at 100K km on clock ...I think that you are lucky finally :think: and next owner as well :thumbsup:

The particle filter is a consumable part for diesels, especially in countries where diesel quality is not good (like Greece) so that's a common damage, there is no need to worry about this matter.