Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Anyone have experience ordering a VPC item with ED

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 06:23 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am curious whether I can get the aero package installed at the VPC if I am getting a car delivered through European Delivery. My dealer told me that the car goes through a different port when the car is on ED and reaches the states. I am curious if this is true and whether the car still goes through the VPC.

Also how much longer does it take to get the car when you ask the VPC to add on the Euro Package...anyone know?

Thanks...
Old 03-03-2006, 08:31 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i (5.4.06 pickup in Munchen) '01 740i (on the block) '03 325i (wife's) '02 330i (retired and missed) '93 325is (the one that started it all)

I am doing the exact same thing with my ED 550. My dealer told me that it still goes to the VPC upon delivery to the US. The VPC will install and paint the aero kit. It is anticipated (by the dealer) that this work would cause the car to be at the VPC approximately 2 weeks longer than normal for the work to be completed (I believe this to be an extremely conservative estimate, kind of like being told 30 minutes at a restaurant and then being seated in 10).

At least we won't have the ED drill holes in our front bumpers from the license plate!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:53 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='249294' date='Mar 3 2006, 01:31 PM
I am doing the exact same thing with my ED 550. My dealer told me that it still goes to the VPC upon delivery to the US. The VPC will install and paint the aero kit. It is anticipated (by the dealer) that this work would cause the car to be at the VPC approximately 2 weeks longer than normal for the work to be completed (I believe this to be an extremely conservative estimate, kind of like being told 30 minutes at a restaurant and then being seated in 10).

At least we won't have the ED drill holes in our front bumpers from the license plate!
Excellent point!!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='249294' date='Mar 3 2006, 01:31 PM

But another week to 10 days to wait for the car. I may not get this by the time the 08's come out.

Is it better to just have the dealer do it after I get the car? Then you get your other bumpers back.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:47 AM
Members

My Ride: '07 550i (5.4.06 pickup in Munchen) '01 740i (on the block) '03 325i (wife's) '02 330i (retired and missed) '93 325is (the one that started it all)

Just some thoughts:

What do you need the original bumpers for...sell on ebay? fill that big space in the garage?

If it matters, I think if you have it done at the VPC, they can roll the cost of the work into the cost of the car, whereas at a later date, it would be lump sum out of pocket.

I really find it hard to believe that the replacement of two bumpers and two side skirts can really take 10-14 days. Your dealer should be able to have the order set with the VPC +/- 1 month in advance of them receiving your car, giving them ample time to prep and paint the parts, leaving only the swap job when your car arrives.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='249331' date='Mar 3 2006, 02:47 PM
Just some thoughts:

What do you need the original bumpers for...sell on ebay? fill that big space in the garage?

If it matters, I think if you have it done at the VPC, they can roll the cost of the work into the cost of the car, whereas at a later date, it would be lump sum out of pocket.

I really find it hard to believe that the replacement of two bumpers and two side skirts can really take 10-14 days. Your dealer should be able to have the order set with the VPC +/- 1 month in advance of them receiving your car, giving them ample time to prep and paint the parts, leaving only the swap job when your car arrives.
Im not leasing so the lump sum issue is N/A. The bumpers have value. They can be sold on Ebay to someone who has damaged theirs, or they could be used for replacements on your own car. Ill check the pricing either way. On the plus side having it done at the VPC would be at dealer cost and done by professionals who do it all the time. I am ordering the Night Vision I wonder if they have a Euro Kit that has a spot for the camera anyway.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:10 AM
Members

I dunno

good luck with whatever you decide. Also, please let me know what your final negotiated price is for the kit install. I will do the same when the time comes. It appears there has been a little range of price in different threads on the topic...
Old 03-03-2006, 10:19 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

Originally Posted by BigGuns' post='249294' date='Mar 3 2006, 12:31 PM

The 2 weeks is about right for the aero kit installation. My car will have been at the port for 2 weeks this Saturday and I called the dealer and he told me that its still there. Im guessing I will be getting it next week sometime barring anything unexpected.
Old 03-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by kaboom' post='249352' date='Mar 3 2006, 03:19 PM
The 2 weeks is about right for the aero kit installation. My car will have been at the port for 2 weeks this Saturday and I called the dealer and he told me that its still there. Im guessing I will be getting it next week sometime barring anything unexpected.

Im sorry 2 weeks is absurd. After waiting for 3+ months after ED, to have the car sit at VPC for 2 weeks? And thay call that Priority 1?
Old 03-03-2006, 10:24 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 Alpine White 550i, Auburn Int., AS, CA, SMG, Premium Sound, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seats, HUD, Navi, SIRIUS, M Body Kit

I havent done ED the only thing different is maybe you guys might get some priority over the newly shipped cars for whatever reason. Just wanted to clarify that. I was just mentioning the VPC in general has around a 2 week timetable for the aero kit based on my experience.

Quick Reply: Anyone have experience ordering a VPC item with ED