Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Another new E60 owner here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 08:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased an Orient Blue Metallic E60 530i for my wife on July 23. We both really love the car. A big thanks to mrbelk for solving my one initial problem of poor CPT9000 reception in the cradle. I was able to attach the antenna (missed by the installing technician) with the help of his great pictures in his post. Also a thank you to Rudy who posted about the lack of call waiting and pauses in dialing, which helped me not to drive myself crazy looking for the features. Incidentally, Rudy has some of the best grammar and diction of anyone I've ever seen posting on an internet board.

I own a 2001 M Coupe as well and have enjoyed the Roadfly Z3 Coupe boards for years. It is a shame that on the E60 board at Roadfly it is so difficult to find a useful post. I suppose that eventually that board may become a valuable tool as the trolls get tired of the same old thing.

I'm very happy to be part of this "newer" forum. I hope that I can be a valuable contributor. I have the utmost respect for those that take the time to post their issues and those who save the day with their responses. I beleive we all have been frustrated at one point or another with a car related issue. Its nice to know that there are answers out there and intelligent duiscussions to be found.

Pictures and driving impressions to come soon!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Originally Posted by Wash n Wax' date='Aug 6 2004, 12:23 AM
Also a thank you to Rudy who posted about the lack of call waiting and pauses in dialing, which helped me not to drive myself crazy looking for the features. Incidentally, Rudy has some of the best grammar and diction of anyone I've ever seen posting on an internet board.
Aww, shucks! (where's the red-faced smilie when you need it?)

Welcome and thanks W&W (may I call you W&W? How about WnW??)

I can't wait to hear your driving impressions and see your pictures. Enjoy your ride buddy!!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:07 PM
DrT
Members

Rudy,

You're my hero, darling !

DrT
Old 08-06-2004, 12:53 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

This is getting sticky over here...
Old 08-06-2004, 01:34 AM
Senior Members

ludy, peace collect my granma. my inglish is lo good. i nid hell. fanquevalleymud !
Old 08-06-2004, 01:38 AM
Senior Members

oops, wash n wax, forgot to say, "welcome aboard"! good thing about this board is people are extremely friendly and helpful . bad thing is you'll get addicted...worse than drugs :'( .
Old 08-06-2004, 03:22 AM
Contributors

My Ride: [i][b][u]Since 19 august 2004[/u][/b][/i]: [color=red][b]530i[/b] High Executive[/color], Silvergray with beige interior, Popular wood, Servotronic, Sportssuspension, electric foldable and dimmed mirrors, dimmed interior mirror, pappelmaser braun wood, cupholders, styling 123 18" wheels, Logic 7, Steptronic, alarm class 3, electric sunscreen in the rear and suncreens for sidewindows, Comfort seats, heated seats, Xenon with headlightwashers, Adaptive corner lights ALC, Advanced airconditioning, lightpackage, Nav Pro, 6 cd changer, side airbags rearseats, bluetooth siemens S55, chrome kidneys, gearlever with wood, voice recognition retrofit, front windshield with green band. Waiting for trunkopener button from Hobi :)

Very welcome indeed.. They addiction is very bad in my case
Old 08-06-2004, 03:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2011 F10 528i - Imperial Blue, Oyster/Black, Premium, Premium 2, Cold Weather, Xenons.

Welcome to the best E60 site around!
Old 08-06-2004, 04:31 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Aug 6 2004, 11:38 AM
bad thing is you'll get addicted...worse than drugs :'( .
Worse than drugs ? Can't tell you since I've never used drugs , but I can't deny that this board is addicting... My number of posts is speaking for itself...
Old 08-06-2004, 04:38 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 6 2004, 01:31 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Aug 6 2004, 11:38 AM'] bad thing is you'll get addicted...worse than drugs :'(? .
Worse than drugs ? Can't tell you since I've never used drugs , but I can't deny that this board is addicting... My number of posts is speaking for itself... [/quote]

it is..

Quick Reply: Another new E60 owner here!