5Series.net - Forums

5Series.net - Forums (https://5series.net/forums/)
-   Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/)
-   -   Another new E60 owner here! (https://5series.net/forums/dealer-purchasing-service-forum-23/another-new-e60-owner-here-2137/)

Wash n Wax 08-05-2004 08:23 PM

I purchased an Orient Blue Metallic E60 530i for my wife on July 23. We both really love the car. A big thanks to mrbelk for solving my one initial problem of poor CPT9000 reception in the cradle. I was able to attach the antenna (missed by the installing technician) with the help of his great pictures in his post. Also a thank you to Rudy who posted about the lack of call waiting and pauses in dialing, which helped me not to drive myself crazy looking for the features. Incidentally, Rudy has some of the best grammar and diction of anyone I've ever seen posting on an internet board.

I own a 2001 M Coupe as well and have enjoyed the Roadfly Z3 Coupe boards for years. It is a shame that on the E60 board at Roadfly it is so difficult to find a useful post. I suppose that eventually that board may become a valuable tool as the trolls get tired of the same old thing.

I'm very happy to be part of this "newer" forum. I hope that I can be a valuable contributor. I have the utmost respect for those that take the time to post their issues and those who save the day with their responses. I beleive we all have been frustrated at one point or another with a car related issue. Its nice to know that there are answers out there and intelligent duiscussions to be found.

Pictures and driving impressions to come soon!

Rudy 08-05-2004 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Wash n Wax' date='Aug 6 2004, 12:23 AM
Also a thank you to Rudy who posted about the lack of call waiting and pauses in dialing, which helped me not to drive myself crazy looking for the features. Incidentally, Rudy has some of the best grammar and diction of anyone I've ever seen posting on an internet board.

Aww, shucks! ;) (where's the red-faced smilie when you need it?)

Welcome and thanks W&W (may I call you W&W? How about WnW??)

I can't wait to hear your driving impressions and see your pictures. Enjoy your ride buddy!! :thumbsup:

DrT 08-05-2004 11:07 PM

Rudy,

You're my hero, darling !

DrT :))

530E60NL 08-06-2004 12:53 AM

:wub: :wub: This is getting sticky over here... :D

alohalc 08-06-2004 01:34 AM

ludy, peace collect my granma. my inglish is lo good. i nid hell. fanquevalleymud :lol:!

alohalc 08-06-2004 01:38 AM

oops, wash n wax, forgot to say, "welcome aboard"! good thing about this board is people are extremely friendly and helpful :thumbsup:. bad thing is you'll get addicted...worse than drugs :'( ;).

530E60NL 08-06-2004 03:22 AM

Very welcome indeed.. They addiction is very bad in my case :lol:

SkiScubaSailDude 08-06-2004 03:44 AM

Welcome to the best E60 site around! :wacko:

Iceman 08-06-2004 04:31 AM

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Aug 6 2004, 11:38 AM
bad thing is you'll get addicted...worse than drugs :'( ;).

Worse than drugs ? Can't tell you since I've never used drugs :wow: , but I can't deny that this board is addicting... My number of posts is speaking for itself... :whistle:

Flowerfred 08-06-2004 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Aug 6 2004, 01:31 PM
[quote name='alohalc' date='Aug 6 2004, 11:38 AM'] bad thing is you'll get addicted...worse than drugs :'(? ;).

Worse than drugs ? Can't tell you since I've never used drugs :wow: , but I can't deny that this board is addicting... My number of posts is speaking for itself... :whistle: [/quote]

it is.. :whistle: