Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 12:07 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530iA Silver Grey , black interior. Premium Package, Navigation System, Head-up Display, Radio Satellite, Adaptive Xenon Headlights. AC Schnitzer Front Lip, H&R springs, Rear red reflector, All season Floor mat,

Congrats Aaron! Your new ride looks great!

Love your color choices, my next car is gonna be white too.
Old 06-21-2005, 12:10 AM
Members

Originally Posted by chrisod' date='Jun 20 2005, 11:47 PM
Congratulation!

From al the pics here I'm sold. My next car will be white.

I don't think you son will walk, looks like if he would have chose another car...
[snapback]141457[/snapback]
Nice car! Congrats! Alpine white is a great looking color.

Just one thing...make sure your wife knows she will not be seeing you often for the next few weeks, maybe even months, I'm three weeks in and I still invent errands I need to run just to drive..."OH! I have to go....get some, uh...chapstick! Yes, my lips, they're terribly dry, I need to go get some chapstick right now."
Old 06-21-2005, 12:35 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E60 Limo with M-Sport package(m5 mirrors,m5 trunk finisher,m172 summer wheels,blk front grills,m5 paddle shift kit(my530i),m pedal covers,m floor mats, E87 2005 The Misses car E39 2002 Touring with M-Sport package/family wagon(gone but not forgotten)

Congrats! Very nice color combo! Forget about the kid(s)walking! You will just have to get used to dirty seats. My 2yr old and 7yr old bring the sandbox with them every time they get into the car. Enjoy the car and have fun driving it!
Old 06-21-2005, 02:29 AM
Contributors

Congrats mate! I saw you joined back on 2003. Why did you wait so long to take delivery?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:03 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jun 20 2005, 11:13 PM
VERY NICE!!! I was going to get Alpine white with Auburn... Then I learned we can get Silver gray with Auburn...?

CONGRATS!!! Enjoy the car! And let us know when the gallery is up! Cant wait to see the pics of White/Auburn. TAKE LOTS OK?
[snapback]141427[/snapback]
How did you get silver gray with auburn when the catalogs don't offer that combo (at least in US)?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:18 AM
JDN
Contributors

Great car, Aaron. Relax. Forget the shoe prints and keep on enjoying both the car and the daughter -- wife, too, but the daughter will be up and gone and her childhood and the alpine bimmer will be just memories.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:41 AM
Senior Members

congrats, aaron ! very nice car ! imo, white looks better with chrome kidney grilles. are you planning on changing them? btw, what took you so long to post the pics ?
Old 06-21-2005, 03:53 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

Great looking car. Keep the keys out of Junior's hands, for a few years at least!
Old 06-21-2005, 05:09 AM
Contributors

Congrats. Great looking car in Alpine white/Black Dakota.
Old 06-21-2005, 05:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Hey all, thanks for the love!

Just to answer a few questions and clear up a few things. My daughter is in the pictures (she's 18 months) and my son was at a party when I took delivery, he's 7. I can handle the shoe prints, but he's old enough to know better, but he's so long he can't help it.

What took me so long to get the car?
I work in the automotive supplier industry as an electrical engineer, so I know better than to buy first year (there will always be bugs, no matter the manufacturer). Then, for the 2005 MY, I was in the process of relocating back to Indy from El Paso Texas. My wife wanted a nice home to keep for a while, so as not to negatively affect our income/debt ratio, I held out. Plus, I was crossing over into Mexico everyday, so I was in no hurry to get it while there. When everything closed with the house, I went to the dealer and put in my order. I believe I have the longest time from member to purchase on this board, but I am glad that I've waited...besides Aux input, everything is perfect.

What took me so long to post pics?
Don't really know, I was being selfish for a while I guess. Some days I would just go out and stare at her, and then just ride around the area, no specific destination. Plus, I wanted to get the perfect pictures, and I haven't had time to do that yet. I want to provide something special to the board with some nice pics if I can, but I wanted to share my joy, so I just thought I'd give a taste and let everyone know that I got it, and I'm loving it.

Chrome Grills...a must and will be installed probably next year. I want to pace myself on the Mods. Next will be a clear bra because the bugs are piling up fast (no rocks though, I'm being very careful). Next year, 20" somethings and the chrome grills. After that, probably the Nav with TV...if the Aux ever gets fixed.

Wife is learning to drive a stick, but she hasn't gotten it well enough yet to hop behind the wheel. She loves the car, so I am sure she will continue to practice until she graduates to Daddy's Car Status!!! I am gathering my cleaning supplies so I can give her a good wash and then Rejex.

One last story I forgot to mention in my previous post...I was leaving our complex when a 3 series met me at the intersection. He clearly had the right of way, but he essentially stopped and flashed me to go out ahead of him. It was late at night, the Alpine White was glistening under the street lights and 5's Eyes were actively turned his way...I couldn't hear him, but I believe he said something like..."Damn" or "Holy Sh*t"...I think he was impressed. I know I am!!!

Thanks again guys. More pictures coming soon, lots of pics with the Alpine/Auburn combo showing. Lastly, glad to be a part of this great community. Take Care!

Quick Reply: Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!