Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2005, 07:42 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: On Order: 2006 525i Alpine White Auburn Interior Premium Pkg Sport Pkg Cold Weather Pkg Xenons Sunshades Sat Radio Navigation

Hey all, I finally took delivery of my car on June 2nd. The car is wonderful, it drives beautifully, and I made the right choice. SAT radio is one of my favorites, have even used Nav a couple of times, but it will be the least used feature for day to day driving. Voice control is nice, and the voice recognition for the phone (RAZR) is beautiful (a must with a manual IMHO). All I can say is life is good. Can't wait until the break-in period is over.

Tidbits:
Car has been in for service of Aux Input. Still does not work, and it killed my I-drive a few times when I tried it. The Aux option comes up, but nothing comes out. Anyone else seen this? Any known fix? Would like to get this fixed ASAP, but don't want them to keep "operating" on my baby.

The second day of ownership, it began to rain. I hit the automatic wipers going 75mph, and my driver's side windshield wiper flies off!!! Anyone that was looking had to be thinking (what a POS). I was laughing really. I knew they didn't click it in all the way, so I voice dialed my CA, and he had one waiting on me.

Picked up my car for the Aux Input service that is still not working, and my CA asked me when I put in the reflectors. I told him when and how, and he told me he owes a fellow CA dinner because he bet that all of the new 5s came with those reflectors. Everyone commented on how that small subtle change made such a difference. Everyone praised the Alpine/Auburn combo as well...loving it.

Lastly, if my son puts his shoes on the back of my seat one more time, he's walking!!! Here are a few pics. I'll add better to the gallery later, but for now, enjoy. My daughter is a BMW fan, and she loves to play drive even at 1.5 years of age. I just hope whomever she marries can support this habit!!!

Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!-dscn0936.jpg
Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!-dscn0940.jpg
Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!-dscn0945.jpg
Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!-dscn0947.jpg
Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!-dscn0994.jpg
Old 06-20-2005, 07:52 PM
Banned

My Ride: '05 545i, silver gray, black leather with anthracite maple wood, sport package, premium sound, navigation, cold weather package, electric rear sunshade, folding rear seat, satellite radio prep, PIAA 4150K fogs, red rear reflectors, hardwired Valentine One

Very nice--congrats.
Old 06-20-2005, 08:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

VERY NICE!!! I was going to get Alpine white with Auburn... Then I learned we can get Silver gray with Auburn...

CONGRATS!!! Enjoy the car! And let us know when the gallery is up! Cant wait to see the pics of White/Auburn. TAKE LOTS OK?
Old 06-20-2005, 08:14 PM
Contributors

Congrats. Very nice. I can relate to the shoes on the back seat "issue" -my 3 yr-old does it constantly
Old 06-20-2005, 09:55 PM
Contributors

Congrats Aaron,

Nice car! Keep a bottle of leather cleaner wipes for the spilled milk and shoe prints! Trust me you'll use it!
Old 06-20-2005, 10:28 PM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW 545iA Black Sapphire
Model Year: 2005
Engine: 545i

Congrats, looks beautiful !! Enjoy.

Nice family!

Old 06-20-2005, 10:43 PM
Members

My Ride: 2006 530i - Sport - 6spd - Orient Blue with Auburn/Anthracite

What a beautiful car - I'm sure you will enjoy driving it very much. I picked up my 2006 530i about 3 weeks ago and I absolutely love it.

By the way, I tried to get the aux input installed and the service advisor told me that BMW had made a modification for the 2006 model year and that it was not yet available for installation. Did you have yours installed at your dealer? I wonder if they mistakenly installed the 2004/2005 version and that is why it won't work correctly in your 2006...

Cheers, Jon.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

You gotta love Alpine White!!

Let's see some pics of the White/Auburn combo!!!

Old 06-20-2005, 11:28 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

Beautiful car Bro, absolutely looking foward to the day when I get my 530 or 550 also.
Old 06-20-2005, 11:47 PM
Members

My Ride: 535dAT //M

Congratulation!

From al the pics here I'm sold. My next car will be white.

I don't think you son will walk, looks like if he would have chose another car...

Quick Reply: Alpine Beauty Has Arrived!!!