Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Alpha Full Coverage - AAAutoWarranty.com

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Senior Members

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you want a fidelity warranty e-mail Troy Dietrich tdietrich@factorydiscountwarranty.com

I'm not sure I'd get a GM warranty with GM probably going bankrupt, but that is just me.

You can get a Nissan Quality Plus supreme policy.

I haven't checked Toyota.

I ended up with a Zurich Comprehensive warranty from a BMW dealer in PA.
Old 04-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1' post='833128' date='Apr 1 2009, 02:34 PM
If you want a fidelity warranty e-mail Troy Dietrich tdietrich@factorydiscountwarranty.com

I'm not sure I'd get a GM warranty with GM probably going bankrupt, but that is just me.

You can get a Nissan Quality Plus supreme policy.

I haven't checked Toyota.

I ended up with a Zurich Comprehensive warranty from a BMW dealer in PA.
I have heard some good things about Fidelity, and I think they incorporate coverage for breakage and work parts. You need to ask about that. That is a real plus. Pricing is very competitive also. I believe local dealer quoted me $1600 for $0 deductible and at least 4 years (and 60,000 miles) from the time I buy the contract. Read their contract. I don't think I read the detail on that one yet.
Old 04-01-2009, 05:11 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='833167' date='Apr 1 2009, 01:57 PM
I have heard some good things about Fidelity, and I think they incorporate coverage for breakage and work parts. You need to ask about that. That is a real plus. Pricing is very competitive also. I believe local dealer quoted me $1600 for $0 deductible and at least 4 years (and 60,000 miles) from the time I buy the contract. Read their contract. I don't think I read the detail on that one yet.
It seems that you can easily find both good and bad about any company with the internet. I asked the owner at the local independent BMW shop here and I actually called the 1-800 number for claims for Zurich and asked them questions. Hopefully I made a good call but only time will tell.
Old 04-10-2009, 07:44 AM
WJM
Members

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='830682' date='Mar 30 2009, 01:24 PM
AA is an inclusionary warranty. You really want an exclusionary warranty. Google those terms and "problems with AA.."

When you are ready to pick a warr, have a service mgr at ANY dealership read it for you. He/she can tell in 30 seconds if it is junk.

Do a search on a variety of forums for warr info.
The AAAuto is not inclusionary it is exclusionary. Pls see below.

12. What is true bumper-to-bumper coverage?

True bumper-to-bumper coverage is always ?exclusionary? coverage. This means that everything on a vehicle is covered excluding certain items such as maintenance, trim items like moldings, weather-stripping, etc. However, in recent years, some warranty companies have begun using the term ?bumper-to-bumper? much more liberally in an effort to apparently give consumers the impression that they are receiving more coverage than they actually are. You will be happy to know that AAAautoWarranty.com does not use the term in that fashion. Our Max or ?Bumper to Bumper? plans are true exclusionary coverage and is most like your vehicle?s original bumper-to-bumper warranty.
http://aaautowarranty.com/faqs/faqs12.htm
Old 04-10-2009, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1' post='782518' date='Feb 1 2009, 03:02 PM
No experience, but I am also looking at 3rd party warranties as well as the bmw warranty. It looks like alpha is in Utah and has a satisfactory Better Business Bureau rating, but they said it was insured by Prime ins which was just UPGRADED to B+++, so I'm not too sure. I also looked at a company that had the Summit MBPI Platinum policy, and their BBB rating was horrible.

I saw a report of someone with a Zurich ext warr on M5 board, and they were happy, except that their labor rate wasn't high enough and they said they had to pay 10-15% of the labor even though they had a $0 deductible plan. Someone else said they had a GE warranty and were happy.

My only concern with the bmw warranty is that I'm not sure if the i-drive is covered. You also have to be the original owner to get the bmw warranty.

I asked a question about ext warranties to Mike Miller in the Roundel magazine, and he said to skip the warranty and go with better and more frequent maintenance. I see that helping with mechanicals, but not the electricals, especially i-drive.

I'll keep looking, too.

Mark
IDrive is not covered under the BMW CPO or BMW extended warranty.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1' post='833509' date='Apr 1 2009, 08:11 PM
It seems that you can easily find both good and bad about any company with the internet. I asked the owner at the local independent BMW shop here and I actually called the 1-800 number for claims for Zurich and asked them questions. Hopefully I made a good call but only time will tell.
I heard good things re Fidelity from an Audi dealer. If you really want the low down on any third party warranty, ask a local service mgr for his/her input. If he/she has not dealt with a particular warr co, ask him/her to read the policy for his/her input. Total cost = couple of tacos, but not from Taco Bell.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by WJM' post='843003' date='Apr 10 2009, 10:44 AM
The AAAuto is not inclusionary it is exclusionary. Pls see below.

12. What is true bumper-to-bumper coverage?

True bumper-to-bumper coverage is always ?exclusionary? coverage. This means that everything on a vehicle is covered excluding certain items such as maintenance, trim items like moldings, weather-stripping, etc. However, in recent years, some warranty companies have begun using the term ?bumper-to-bumper? much more liberally in an effort to apparently give consumers the impression that they are receiving more coverage than they actually are. You will be happy to know that AAAautoWarranty.com does not use the term in that fashion. Our Max or ?Bumper to Bumper? plans are true exclusionary coverage and is most like your vehicle?s original bumper-to-bumper warranty.
http://aaautowarranty.com/faqs/faqs12.htm
Sorry about that major error on my part.

Feel free to start a new thread with something like AAA = exclusionary warr.
Old 04-10-2009, 09:33 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jagbagri' post='831437' date='Mar 31 2009, 12:40 AM
The reason I said that because I did not know anybody explicitly put iDrive coverage in writing, the best you can get is electrical is covered BUT when it comes to idrive, they refuse to cover it, like BMW's own CPO coverage. At least that's what I have gathered here, no direct experience. And if you can find some company put out idrive coverage in writing it is bound to be more expensive than others. The question is do you really want to have your idrive covered that badly?

Having said all that. I do NOT have any direct or indirect experience with any of the 3rd party or BMW warranties.
As a matter of fact I will be looking for getting coverage for myself. Warranty is expiring in August of this year and want to get one before that happens.

NOW, drawing from your experience, which one of the few you mentioned above, would you rate better than other and still being reasonably priced. How do you get the Toyota to extend the BMW warranty. Where do you get one. I have a family member work for Toyota plant, so I might be able to get some discount from Toyota if they sell it. Who do you contact?

Thanks.
All (generally) car dealers sell extended warranties. Their sell their own, and they sell third party warranties.

I visited or called the F & I people at several dealerships (GM, Toyota, Honda, Audi, etc). Keep in mind that they can provide their own warranty (e.g., Toyota) to any make as long as that car is still within the orig factory warr. I simply asked the F & I person if he/she would sell me a Toyota (Audi, GM, Honda respectively) warranty. They can and will sell you one.

I specifically asked some of these F & I people if the IDrive is covered.

1. We read the fine print on the contract.
2. Some offered to call the warr co to double check. (I did not follow thru on that yet.)

I need to have them call re the IDrive specifically.

Re pricing: My vehicle is an 07 530i with 4,500 (yes) miles on it. The dealerships have charts delineating year, deductibles, miles covered, etc. Lowest price for at least 4 years past point of purchase or original fact warr and about 50,000 miles past my current 4,500 miles was anywhere from $1400 to a high of $2100. They were quoted prices, and I did not try to negotiate (yet).

Those prices were with $0 deductible.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by z06bigbird' post='843119' date='Apr 10 2009, 10:16 AM
I heard good things re Fidelity from an Audi dealer. If you really want the low down on any third party warranty, ask a local service mgr for his/her input. If he/she has not dealt with a particular warr co, ask him/her to read the policy for his/her input. Total cost = couple of tacos, but not from Taco Bell.
I called Fidelity and they said ONLY sell through dealers. Gave me the number/address of the local Audi dealer. I paid them a visit to get a quote and they gave me a print-out with various options.

A 60K/4yr quote about $5K. Cheapest 12K/18Month about $2K.

What a rip-off... (way to expensive in my opinion)
Old 04-12-2009, 03:31 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by jagbagri' post='844475' date='Apr 11 2009, 11:22 PM
I called Fidelity and they said ONLY sell through dealers. Gave me the number/address of the local Audi dealer. I paid them a visit to get a quote and they gave me a print-out with various options.

A 60K/4yr quote about $5K. Cheapest 12K/18Month about $2K.

What a rip-off... (way to expensive in my opinion)
email tdietrich@factorydiscountwarranty.com for a quote - Troy Dietrich - he sells fidelity (he is at a toyota store in Mass, I believe)

Quick Reply: Alpha Full Coverage - AAAutoWarranty.com