Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Active Cruise Control

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2004, 07:22 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have ordered active cruise control for my 545i - I like gadgets - so I ordered all of the gadgets that I could. If I could've ordered active and ventilated seats, I would have. It'll be interesting to see if they work as advertised.
Old 05-27-2004, 07:38 AM
Senior Members

Here in florida the traffica courts are somewhat corrupt. You canget tickets all the time. You hire an attorney. THey move the court dates an manipulte the system. The ticket is then nullified. You have to pay the tickets and lawyer but no points
Old 05-28-2004, 10:57 PM
Senior Members

I find the active cruise very helpful to make my trips much more relaxing.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:52 AM
Senior Members

Yes, I very much love to have ACC. It would be a very useful gadget on Singapore's expressway; but I don't have this option
Old 05-29-2004, 05:47 PM
Contributors

I could not justify ACC.
On recent long trip, I took advantage of standard cruise feature that allows incrementing or decrementing set speed by 5 mph steps. The transmission clutch delivers compression braking very nicely, so, when somebody cuts in front, just pull cruise stalk back for a 5 mph decrement and car slows quickly down, as if light braking. When ready, you can press stalk forward to return to old speed, all without touching accelerator. This would no work as well with other cars because they don't have engine braking like with bmw steptronic.
Old 05-29-2004, 05:55 PM
Members

Originally Posted by CRRobert' date='May 26 2004, 11:44 PM
Haven't heard to much mention about the active cruise control, and was just checking to see what some of the feelings on it are. I was planning on getting the HUD, if that makes a difference.
NO I use standard CC 1% of the time...didint make sense...more usefull options
Old 05-30-2004, 12:35 AM
Members

Anyone know if a retrofit kit is available (in any part of the world) for the active cruise control or the standard cruise control?

Thanks
Old 05-30-2004, 01:28 AM
Senior Members

I like the ACC very much. Especially at times when you want to drive relaxed and just follow the traffic pace. it also adds a little extra safety as it will brake when someone cuts in in front of you or if the traffic suddenly stops.

Only unconvenience is that when approaching a slow car in front, and you want to overtake it, the system brakes too early. You have to change lane earlier than with a normal cruise control.

If only there were a dual mode on the ACC, so you could switch between active and manual cruise control. then it would be perfect I think.
Old 05-30-2004, 07:43 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by sg530' date='May 30 2004, 01:47 AM
I could not justify ACC.
On recent long trip, I took advantage of standard cruise feature that allows incrementing or decrementing set speed by 5 mph steps. The transmission clutch delivers compression braking very nicely, so, when somebody cuts in front, just pull cruise stalk back for a 5 mph decrement and car slows quickly down, as if light braking. When ready, you can press stalk forward to return to old speed, all without touching accelerator. This would no work as well with other cars because they don't have engine braking like with bmw steptronic.
Strange, I get ZERO engine braking with the CC engaged. I think this needs sorting on a future s/w update.
Old 05-30-2004, 08:09 AM
Senior Members

yep, the engine braking thing should be working for you, brow... the cruise is great on this car (too bad the a/c wasn't ;-)

Quick Reply: Active Cruise Control